Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Romans 12:1 states: Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

It's said that the problem with living sacrifices is that they can sometimes crawl off the alter. Well, look at me. That's just what I did! How can I remain a living sacrifice, God? My dad has gotten my dander up again. I need Your peace, again. And I will again later, I'm sure.

1 Thessolonians 5: 16-18 says: Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Okay. So I can pray continually for Your guidance and keep surrendering myself to You each time I try to crawl off the altar. I know You want more from me than the act of surrender. You want a life of surrender. Your Word, in 2 Cor 12:9-10, says: But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Father, I am weak in this area of caregiving. Please be my strength and give me a servant's heart. Help me to know that after I get some rest, good rest, that I'll be back to my normal self and not be so muddled. I love You, God, and I praise You for Your strength. Please work in my life according to Your will and purpose. I give You free reign. I feel better already! In His Name, Amen.

0 comments: