Thursday, March 24, 2005

At 4:00 this morning I heard a little sound scraping at the side of the bed. Copper, our 10 year old toy poodle, had apparently been unsuccessful in waking up Steve, so he tried me. I got up and let himout and just felt so good. Cozy. I had a good feeling! I was drowsy but refreshed by the night's sleep.

As I was standing there waiting for him to do what he needed to do I began to pray. Normally I do not begin praying until I get up at 5:15 or 5:30, but this morning I felt led to get a head start on it, I guess. As Iwalked through the kitchen to the little jar of biscuits Copper gets, I prayed. As I poured some iced tea for my parched throat, still, I prayed. As I climbed back under the covers in the cool of themorning, still, I prayed.

45 minutes later I was still praying and not asleep! I believe God was directing my prayer time with Him. The words came from my heart and I know without a doubt they were reaching Him. I got back up as I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I reached a point to where I concluded my prayer and my reading time with God was so special this morning. I love reading His Word and am in Judges now.

You know, I really don't feel like words do justice to the sense of calm and peace and connection I felt with God this morning. I am not a charismatic person, actually, I border more on the side of conservative/traditional/whatever.

I think I found out what the expression "caught up in the Spirit" means this morning, though. May God be glorified by it.

0 comments: