Monday, June 28, 2004

Power Verses for Today:

Ephesians 4:26 (NIV) Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful and for building others up according to their
needs that it may benefit those who listen.

Psalm 141:3 (NIV) Set a guard over my mouth, O lord; keep watch over
the door of my lips.

Psalm 63:3 (NIV) Because your love is better than life, my lips will
glorify you.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Father, help me to speak and think in the way of Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

I don't want any unwholesome talk or thoughts to be in my mind or depart from my lips. If that makes me a prude, a goody two-shoes, then so be it. I'm doing it for You. I'm not perfect so I expect to sin and be tempted to sin, but Father, I know with Your great love and support that I can be a woman after Your own heart, one who speaks and thinks in obedience to Your commands.

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen

0 comments: