Monday, February 07, 2005

Hear O Lord, my righteous plea, listen to my cry.
Give ear to my prayer--it does not rise from deceitful lips.
May my vindiccation come from you; may your eyes see what is right.
Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will
find nothing.
I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.
As for the deeds of men--
by the word of your lips
i have kept myself from the ways of the violent
My steps have held to your paths
my feet have not slipped.
I call on you, O God, for you will answer me,
give ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye
hide me in the shadow of your wings
from the wicked who assail me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.

Psalm 17: 1-9

0 comments: