Monday, August 15, 2005


Yesterday was the first day of first grade. I dressed her, packed her lunch, fixed her hair and stood at the end of the driveway, placing a little homemade yarn necklace with a picture of a school bus around her neck that said, "My name is Kristyn and I ride bus number 2." When I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up she said that she wanted to be the one who picked up the garbage or drive the mail truck to deliver mail to her family.

Today, she got up, dressed herself, fixed her lunch, hopped in the car and went off to college. Now she wants to be a chef and is double majoring in culinary arts and restaurant management.

YIKES!

Where did the time go?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yes, time does pass by so quickly. That was a well written passage by the way. I liked how you segued from first grade to college.

Glad that Kristyn is doing well and going to college. That's good that she already knows what she wants to study.

Laurie Ann said...

Awwwwwww. Thanks! I love the little princess and she's doing so well! I'm very proud of her.

crallspace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.