Thursday, May 06, 2004

Today is the National Day of Prayer. My heart was lifted as I listened to Focus on the Family. I wish I had gotten to hear all of it. The speaker was Marilyn someone who talked about, of course, prayer! I pray for the spiritual renewal of our country, that the institution of marriage would be upheld. Genesis 2:24 says: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." I pray that we would fight to keep marriage sancitified. I pray that our President would stand strongly for what he believes in and lead our nation, not only politically, but in the way God would have him to. We are commanded to pray by God. Matthew 6:5; Romans 12:12; 1 Thess 5:17. I pray that we would not only pray but listen. Marilyn someone gave a good analogy this morning. She said that when she took her child to the doctor she told the doctor, "She has an ear ache, she is running fever, and her throat is sore." She said if she had just told the doctor her child's symptoms and had not listened for the answer (which would contain the prescription) the child would certainly not be any better off for it, and neither would she!

God, I pray for our nation. I pray for our President, the Vice President, all our federal leaders, state leaders and local leaders. Help them guide us to turn our nation back to You. I fear for the world, Lord. The sanctity of marriage is under strong attack from satan, people are saying, "Oh, it's no problem for gays to be married." It is! Father, Your own word tells us that! Help us turn back to the Bible and soften the hearts of people who want tolerance yet are not willing to stand up for what they believe in. Help us to bring everything to You by prayer and petition, trusting that You, not just the words we pray, will be faithful and just to us. The slogan "Prayer Changes Things" is so misunderstood. It is You who changes things through our prayers. You hear us, Lord, and I praise You for that. Thank you for sending Jesus to die for the sins of all mankind. I pray for my friends who are not Christian, that You would prompt them to make a decision that will change their lives forever and enable them to reign in eternity with You. Help me to be selfless instead of selfish. Help me not to gossip and to be directed by You throughout my day. I love You, Lord, and I praise Your holy Name. http://www.inpop.com/radio/artists/tree63/song.html


http://www.family.org/fmedia/misc/A0030190.cfm

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

0 comments: