Sunday, July 05, 2009


Hyssop is a plant that was used in the Bible for purification ritualt. It was first mentioned in the Bible in the Passover ritual. They used it to sprinkle the blood on the doors and doorposts in obedience to the command of God.

Hyssop was also used to cleanse those with leprosy, or others who were unclean, as well as to purify homes with mildew, and purify water. It was described in 1 Kings 4:33 by Solomon.Is it any wonder David wanted to be cleansed with hyssop?

We should desire the same in order to remain pure before both God and the ones we are to teach.The visual of God cleansing us with hyssop, applying the blood of Christ in our lives, is just so breath-takingly awesome that I cannot describe how humble and grateful it makes me feel. I know I'm not deserving of it, yet He loves us enough to truly cleanse us and forgive us for my unrighteousness. And when we're all clean, the truth and wisdom He desires for us is much easier to receive and plant. He desires to give us truth and wisdom in the inmost parts.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...." Colossians 3:16

It just seems easier to get it in our hearts without all the grime of the world and the flesh lurking on our skin.

Wash us whiter than snow, Lord. Sweep out any impurities or moral decay that we have allowed to creep in. Purify us so that we may stand clean before You. Please help us to keep our eyes on You, honoring You, living for You moment by moment, and living a life that is clean and pure. Thank You for hyssop and for the Blood of the Lamb and His resurrection power! In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Another re-run. I'll start writing again soon.

In Him,

Photobucket

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love, and miss you.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Beautiful post my friend. I feel as if it's been forever since I've stopped by. Summer's are crazy! I still love you though my friend.
HUGS.
Kim

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I love reruns! Sometimes it is very easy to miss out on something the first go round!
God bless.
Bren

Saleslady371 said...

This is even better the second time around, Laurie Ann! I miss you and hope all is well.

Love and prayers,
Mary

Debbie Petras said...

I've been having trouble accessing your blog for some reason. I don't know why. I have had that problem from time to time on my own blog. Must be my computer.

Anyway, I love the lesson in the hyssop. I long to be cleaned and pure. Too often my choices to indulge my flesh get in the way. But more and more my desire is to grow in holiness.

Thank you for this lesson.

Susan said...

Great word Laurie!

I've missed stopping by. Just been extra busy these days.

Hope to get back to WFW soon.

Love you and have a blessed week!