Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Helping Hand

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. " ~ Psalm 40:1-3 (NIV)

How precious is our Lord to come to us at just the right time and bring us out of the depths we are in. It's hard to wait patiently during times of crises, but God is faithful.

The Hebrew word for patiently is qavah, a verb that means:


Basically, we wait. I love "look eagerly for". Let's don't give up. Let's keep waiting and eagerly looking for God's hand of deliverance. He will hear our cries for help and He will use these times for His glory. He will lift us out of the mud and mire, the sinking place, and place us back on terra firma where we can praise His holy name.


I love the honesty I see when I read of struggles others face. It gives me hope as I face struggles of my own. I am moved more closely to God as I see how He works in others lives and pray that as I share my own struggles, others will move toward God, reverencing Him and putting their trust in Him.

"I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly." ~ Psalm 40:10 (NIV)

One of the best ways people learn is by example. We should never conceal our love for the Lord and what He has done for us unless He prompts us to. I believe there are times that the Lord wants us to be discreet in matters so personal that it should remain between the Lord and ourselves; however, 99.7% of the time it is to God's glory to proclaim the love and truth of God, speaking of His faithfulness to others.

How do you choose to share His love? I often speak of it with others, I email about it, blog about it, and praise Him for it.

This week I'm thankful for you. Your prayers and blogs have helped me look up, reach hold of God's hand, and be lifted out of the slimy pit. I'm back on terra firma! It feels good. Thank you.


Photobucket

11 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

So glad your footing has found steady ground! You are a blessing!

This was the very verse that I read after lunch today...I needed it...(it was my sister's favorite verse as well). God is faithful---and I am so glad to belong to HIM...no matter what---we trust in, rely on and have faith in Abba Father!

i said...

This is the second time I'm receiving this message this week. God is telling me too LOL! It's great that you are keeping your feet firmly on the ground! Happy TT!

eph2810 said...

Laurie Ann, I think it is one of our 'duties' (if you can call it that) to also share our struggles with other believers (and unbelievers) that it is not by our own strength, but His strength that we can make it back on solid ground.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week...

Be blessed today and always...

Denise said...

I am very thankful for you sweet friend, love you.

He & Me + 3 said...

I have been struggling this summer with just various trials. Nothing really important in the scheme of things but if you put them all together happening at the same time like they have been...it just wears you out. It gets discouraging. But at that moment when i start to drop my head in defeat...the Lord shows me something and gently sets me back on course. I love that about HIM! The gentle shepherd.

Peggy said...

Blessings sweet Laurie Ann...it does my heart good to hear you say "you are out of the pit" and on Solid Rock! Of course, I knew that you were
TRUSTing in Him & waiting all along for it to all come together! Thanks for sharing your struggle & your heart! Reading the scriptures that you chose for today that the wait is worth it...so praising & thanking God for each step you make to full recovery & strength in Him.

Thankful for all you are & the teachings you share! God be with you!

Melanie said...

Yes, yes, yes! Such good stuff here, Laurie Ann.. He does provide, sometimes we must wait... but His provisions are ALWAYS there!

Happy Thankful Thursday, my friend!

Pat Thacker said...

Amen,amen!!! Truly good post Laura Ann thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

I agree Amen Amen, this was a wonderful post and thanks for sharing the scriptures.

Rita T. said...

Oh, I have such a hard time waiting! Thanks for the great post and so much to ponder and praise God for.
Have a great weekend!

Daisy said...

Waiting is painful for some but rewards await those who does, with faith and love.

Have a Beautiful Weekend!

~Daisy
http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/