Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Amazed


Do you remember the first time you really tried to wrap your heart around the fact that Christ loved you so much that He was born to die for you?



Like the people who heard the shepherds report of the night the holy proclamation of our Savior's birth was announced, I, too, was amazed!

The Greek word for amazed in the Scripture above is thaumazō, which means:

1) to wonder, wonder at, marvel
2) to be wondered at, to be had in admiration

I continue to wonder, marvel, and admire the love that God has for me. I never cease to be amazed at His precious gift of grace.

Christ was born in a lowly manger because there was no room at the inn for Mary and Joseph. He went from the manger to the cross and from the cross to the grave. From the grave He triumphed over death in a resurrection scene that rivals any blockbuster hit at a movie theater, all because He loves us.

Let's think back to that time when we first accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. If we've lost our amazement at the grace He gave us let's rekindle it. Picture yourself as waiting for a Savior, having heard about Him all your life, and suddenly, one starry night, the shepherds come, proclaiming the Shepherds birth!

"We love because he first loved us." ~ 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

Let's remember the Love that was born in that lowly manger, the Love that was born to die so that we can spend eternity with Him, and prepare our hearts to be amazed again.

A - Adore God through praising His many names. "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." ~ Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)

M - Make daily Bible reading a habit to keep the Light burning in your heart. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." ~ Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

A - Admonish others to know the One you know they need. "We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ." ~ Colossians 1:28 (NIV)

Z - Zealously praise Him for His love for you. "For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD." ~ Psalm 117:2 (NIV)

E - Encourage yourself to be like the church at Thyatira, to persevere. "I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first." ~ Revelation 2:19 (NIV)

D - Delight yourself in the works of God. "Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them." ~ Psalm 111:2 (NIV)

The purpose of WFW is to share the Word of God through photo's and a verse. Amydeanne, over at The 160 Acre Woods, is our hostess. Be sure to link up and share your own, and drop her a thank you for hosting this wonderful meme each week. It always blesses my heart to read all the posts and see the photos and verses. This is a wonderful way to minister to others and to be ministered to by reading others posts. Please visit by clicking on the button below.





24 comments:

Denise said...

Another great one dear.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You go girl! You are so inspiring my friend.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Your posts are always filled with so much truth and wisdom. Thank you for the time you put into them Laurie Ann.

Blessings today!
Jill

Tammy said...

You are always an encouragement - thank you so much for your gentle reminders and the wisdom you share each week. Merry Christmas!

Joan said...

Another great post. Thanks for sharimg. Love the picture too.

Christmas Blessings

lambofHisflock said...

Thank you. You have chosen an inspirational picture to go with your inspirational devotional. May God bless you this Christmas season.

Amydeanne said...

adore, make daily, admonish... i love how you do those! that sure helps a lot!

and if you send me it before, I can hook it up! (maybe Monday if possible??)

Patty Wysong said...

I love your teaching and how you pull out a word and dig into it. Thank you! It's been a tremendous blessing to me!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Anointed, worshipful. Amazing to think about evangelism starting way back then...motivates me to spread the news today...thank you, my friend!

Melanie said...

I am constantly amazed at how much God loves me... some days it's hard to wrap my head around. Such unconditional, beautiful love and so worthy of all our adoration and praise!

Happy WFW, Laurie Ann!


P.S. -- So thrilled to read your post below that your uncle is still doing well. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.

Miri said...

This scripture is awesome. Simply awesome. The part that strikes me today is the part that says they went out and spread the word. How can we do otherwise?

Thank you so much for sharing.

Also, I love that kind of poem where each letter of a word becomes the first of a line. I think I'll have my girls do some in homeschool today.

Joyfull said...

Wonderful verse and thoughts on the true meaning of Christmas. Continued prayers are for your uncle.

Tracy said...

Beautiful, Laurie Ann! Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture and Scripture, and thank you for sharing your words of wisdom! Blessings and very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful verses proclaiming the good news of the gospel! It seems many WFWs contain verses from Luke 2 today. :)

Marsha said...

I just love your acrostics! This one is excellent.
Have a blessed evening.

Peggy said...

AMAZING Laurie Ann...simply amazed by your wonderful insights & such a full 2 verses as seen from a manger

Each and every time I come here I am amazed by your acrostics that really TEACH great truths. Verse by verse I am filled by God's Word that you choose so wisely! I am blessed to ADORE & love Jesus, so I will MAKE reading the Bible daily a
MUST so I am guided by His Light, as I ADMONISH others through what I proclaim & teach...and praise Him ZEALOUSLY...which is a lot of pure worship...as I am ENCOURAGED to press on & DELIGHT myself in His way, truth & life...as my Light at CHRISTmas and all year!

I applied all your truth, now I just need to live an aMazing life that witnesses what I believe!

Thank you so much for FILLING my
WFW with more of GOD & HIS WORD so
wonderfully! God speaks through each one of these...I wish I had time to visit them all!

He & Me + 3 said...

You are amazing. I don't know how you come up with these great posts day after day. YOu are so insightful and I do love the acrostics. I say that all the time, but it makes you remember. I am AMAZED!

Susan said...

Hey Laurie Ann,

Wow, another great post, thanks so much.

So blessed your Uncle Jimmy is home!! YES!!!!!

Blessings♥

Mindy said...

A wise reminder. This time of year is especaiily prime for the sharing of our Saviour with those who need him the most.

Darlene said...

I am so amazed at how much HE loves me. I remind myself often as much as I love Andrea (daughter) God loves her so much more. God is working ...keep praying!!!
I love reading your post. They encourage me and really make me think.
So glad your uncle is doing good!!
Blessings,
Darlene

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Laurie Ann,
I'm so so so so happy that uncle Jimmy's home! whooHooOo!
And your wfw post, was incredible once again.
Thank you so much!!!
Lea

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is so beautiful. And as always I love your words. You are such an encouragement!

Blessings.

michelle said...

I like this!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie Ann!
I'm late for WFW but wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a Christmas filled with the Joy of the Lord!!