Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Uncle Update

For a better update on how the surgery went, see post below. Here's the latest update. I'll update one more time when he goes home unless things change.

I talked to Momma tonight and she said Jimmy is still in ICU, mainly because there are no rooms available on the floor. This is a blessing in my opinion because he is running a low-grade fever. No one seems really concerned about it, they say it's normal after surgery to do that. We're glad he's still in ICU where they can monitor him closely. Hopefully he will be moved to a room tomorrow and go home tomorrow evening or Thursday. His disposition is better now that he's had something to eat. Momma said he was ill as a hornet (not like Jimmy at all) but seemed better since they gave him something more than broth to eat. Food makes everything better, LOL! I'll run up after work and see him if he hasn't already gone home. I know everyone has been up there, so we decided to skip tonight and finish shopping for Christmas presents. I had 3 more to get and it was bugging me! Now, on to wrapping.......

Thanks for your prayers for me as I wrap presents Jimmy! He's really encouraged by them and so am I. We know that prayer is powerful and God is so merciful to hear our prayers. And if you think of it, please pray for James & John, their 8 year old sons. They love their dad and they do know he's sick and that he had surgery. I don't know that the C word has been used around them yet, but they live in a small town and are active in church, so it probably has. They're bound to be a little confused and concerned.


3 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for the update sweetie, love you.

Marsha said...

Wonderful news! I'll continue to pray.

Unknown said...

So good to see God's handing working in this...he and his family remains in my prayers!