Sunday, August 10, 2008


Cafe Chat Topic for August 9
What is one thing or cause that you are passionate about? (More specifically, something you feel that the Lord has burdened your heart with)
My passion is passion for others, more specifically, seeing them as God sees them so I can love them as God loves them, extend mercy as God has extended mercy to me and just encouraging them as God has encouraged me.
The Holy Spirit placed this burden on my heart a few months back and I thought I was doing well with it until one day late last week. I clearly was not with my earthly father, and God reigned me in.
He brought me to my knees in humility and showed me the truth of this Bible verse:
"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." ~ Matthew 12:35-37
I ended up being no better than the very one who had hurt me the worst with his verbal venom.
God teaches me that the things about which I am passionate about are the very things I have trouble doing. He let my first trial be with one whom I dearly love. I thought that I failed the test miserably, but I have taken the time now to become right with God, brought to my knees in total humility and love and forgiveness.
I think I have a better idea now of how to practice this love for others.
God led me to another verse in the Bible:
"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1:19-20
In being quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, I have that time to back up and really assess situations or just people in general and love them truly as God loves me, seeing them as people in need of the mercy and grace I have so undeservedly received from my precious Savior.
Please scroll back up and click on the Cafe Chat button to see what the others who posted are passionate about. I can't wait to go have a look see!




3 comments:

Denise said...

You definitely have a heart for others my friend, love you.

Sheila said...

It really is true isn't it, that when we see our own wretchedness and realize how much mercy we've been given we desire to extend that mercy to others.

Love your heart!!!
sheila

Lily said...

A lot of times we become the very thing we cannot stand. I did the same with my mother. I made a vow to never be like her. SHe was aweful. I found that there were many ways I was like her.