Saturday, August 09, 2008

Chapters 8 & 9

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith



Chapter 8



Such great wisdom about how we can choose not to be bogged down in bitterness!



Lysa reminds us:



God wants our complete trust. So whenever He strips something away, He does it for our good and not to harm us. Isn't that just like God? He loves us that much!

As Lysa said, "You were once a spiritual orphan with no hope, but now you are adopted as a child of the Most High King!"

She also wrote: He knows your circumstances. He knows bitterness has certainly come knocking on your door as well. Don't answer that knock. Don't listen to the voice of bitterness. Don't even crack the door to peek outside. Ask God to slay this unwanted visitor nd carry him away. And then you choose daily to never resurect him. How often we invite bitterness in to dwell with us without even realizing it! Bitterness is a chameleon, changing to look like something we think we need at the time, but oh, how we need to heed Lysa's advice in this.

Romans 8:28 was referenced in the personal Bible study section. I love this verse.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Chapter 9


I loved how Lysa said, "The longer we walk with God, the more easily we hear His voice and trust His instruction." He truly is our Good Shepherd. We know His voice because we are His sheep and we need to believe/trust Him to lead where He wants us to folllow.

She also writes, "Every day the Good Shepherd asks, Do you trust Me? Do you believe Me? Will you follow My commands even when they don't make sense to you? We sheep must give a resounding yes, laying our own questions aside." Yes is my answer. I will trust God and believe in Him. I will follow His commands, even when they don't make sense to me. Sometimes they don't. I admit that. But I trust Him enough to know that He has His very best in mind for me and He will never lead me where He doesn't want me. Be it joy or trial, I will say Yes to God.

Lysa instructs that we are to "Ask God to help you make wise decisions. Ask Him to help you want to obey. God will work in you to help line your will up with His if only you'll ask...Believing God is not for the weak at heart. It's only for those who want to discover the rich blessings of walking close enough to God to hear the constant drumming of His heartbeat."

"I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." ~ Proverbs 4:11-12



0 comments: