Saturday, August 02, 2008


I was driving home just a few minutes ago and heard this song. I thought I was gonna have to kick my shoes off in the truck because I felt God speaking to me, telling me that no matter what my doubts were, no matter how weak I felt or how small I felt, He could accomplish anything through me. Just keep having faith. Ya'll, I had the burning desire right then and there to buy a plane ticket for Africa and go feed hungry children, to run to a homeless shelter and gather up all the people and bring them home to feed (and Miss Hospitality I am not. It's not my gift to open my home - I get very anxious when I'm hosting things.) Really, though, it's also about my current dream and how it could be used for His glory. Maybe it could be enlarged a little, but I realized that I could set the world on fire here in Mississippi. All I have to have is the heart to do it, and He apparently has branded me with this desire and realize that my dreams will have wings one day.




Please visit http://signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com/ for more Then Sings My Soul Saturday's. You will be so blessed. As for me, I'm running off, not to set the world on fire just yet, but to cover my grandson with Nonnie smoochies. They just popped in for a visit! Yay!!!!!!!


7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I just love this song! My heart's too...

Bless you Laurie Ann, hope you are having a great weekend♥

Deborah said...

I love this song too. I was singing and wondering what I could do to set my world on fire. Thanks for sharing.
Deborah

Technonana said...

So many hearts and souls to reach...Blessing on you... what a beautiful post!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

Don't you just love this song! I heard it awhile back. It does just get you going doesn't it?

Hope all is well! I've been a bit out of touch this week!

Blessings, my friend!
Cheryl

LAURIE said...

Laurie Ann,
Thanks for stopping in today and for your well wishes for my son and his bride. Both love the Lord and love each other so they are off to a good start!

I enjoyed your TSMSS post and song. Hope you didn't spoil that grandson too badly today! -Blessings to you, Laurie

Denise said...

Such a great song my friend.

Maisie said...

What a neat driving experience that must have been. You've got a great heart to want to do big things for Him. It will be neat to read about what the Lord leads you to do.