Tuesday, August 19, 2008

“Order my steps, in Your word
Order my tongue, in Your word
Guide my feet, in Your word
Wash my heart, in Your word
Show me how to walk, in Your word
Show me how to talk, in Your word.
(refrain)
I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill
Please order my steps, Lord, and I’ll do Your blessed will
The world is ever changing, but You are still the sameIf
You order my steps, I’ll praise Your name.
~A hymn by Glen Burleigh~


I love the quote chosen by
Lori at All You Have to Give. It's from a beautiful hymn. Visit her site and be sure and be blessed by her encouraging and inspiring post, as well as visiting others who have posted for In "Other" Word's Tuesday.

My first thoughts on this were of the Bible. God has ordered through His Word our every step.

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Proverbs 14:15 - "A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps."

Proverbs 16:9 - "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Proverbs 20:24 - "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?"

May these words be my hymn today and throughout the rest of my life! God has ordered our steps, but we, as humans, try to plot our own course. When we do, we fail. We simply do not glorify God.

GHe wants us to remain in His Word and in Him. If we do, our steps will surely never fail. What more could I say?



7 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful. Short and straight to the point my friend. I love you.

Susan said...

Hey Laurie Ann,

This was great, thanks so much for stopping by today, and oh I'm just thrilled about my prize, oh my!!! Thanks so much♥

Andrew Clarke said...

These are good thoughts, Laurie Ann. One other that helps me is
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding," from Proverbs 3 (which you probably already know). Taking that to heart would be the best stress therapy available! Blessings to you and all yours.

Miriam Pauline said...

Remaining in His Word is something we all know in our heads we need to do, but putting it into practice is sometimes difficult. I've loved how this quote has helped to remind us of that need.

Bless you for participating.

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me of all those great verses!

Ava Semerau
And God Was Pleased

"And long after the history of all the big things that make the front pages are forgotten, what God has done through you and a few people will be history.” - Dr. Richard C. Halverson

Chocolate and Coffee said...

This is such a great post!

Blessings and hugs!

lori said...

Hey there!
The Scripture that you pulled out was perfect for this quote!!

I truly loved seeing what everyone got out of these words that just hold such meaning for me....

thanks for joining us today....you always come with such wise words!

peace,
lori