Friday, February 06, 2009



Friday Funnies is hosted by Kim at Homesteaders Heart. Please head over there by clicking on the button above to visit others and be sure to post you funny! Here are a few of my favorites for the week.
Allergies
I took my young son to the doctor for a routine physical. All the way I had to reassure him that he would not be getting a shot. He went through his eye exam, hearing test, etc. The nurse came into the exame room and started to ask me routine questions. When she got to "Is he allergic to anything" my four year old son stood up and said " YES, I'm allergic to shots!"
Too Much TV
One afternoon while I was visiting my library, I noticed a group of preschoolers gathered for story time. The book they were reading was There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. After the librarian finished the first page, she asked the children, "Do you think she'll die?"
"Nope," a little girl in the back said. "I saw this last night on Fear Factor."
Bathroom Break
On the first day of school, about mid-morning, the kindergarten teacher said, "If anyone has to go to the bathroom, hold up two fingers."
A little voice from the back of the room asked, "How will that help?"
Minding Her Manners
Catching her in the act, I confronted our 3-year-old granddaughter, "Are you eating your little sister's grapes?" I demanded.
"No," she innocently replied, "I'm helping her share."
Lost & Found

As the bus pulled away, I realized I had left my purse under the seat. Later I called the company and was relieved that the driver had found my bag. When I went to pick it up, several off-duty bus drivers surrounded me. One man handed me my pocketbook, two typewritten pages and a box containing the contents of my purse. "We're required to inventory lost wallets and purses," he explained. "I think you'll find everything there."

As I started to put my belongings back into the pocketbook, the man continued, "I hope you don't mind if we watch. Even though we all tried, none of us could fit everything into your purse. And we'd like to see just how you do it."
Coin Toss
By the time Ted arrived at the football game, the first quarter was almost over. "Why are you so late?" his friend asked.
"I had to toss a coin to decide between going to church and coming to the game."
"How long could that have taken you?"
"Well, I had to toss it 14 times."
Learning Colors
I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued. At last she headed for the door and said, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"
Here's Your Sign (Bill Engvall Jokes)
Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one ofthose side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and said,"Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."
A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine,we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big 'ol stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope - Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."
It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. Myfriend comes over and says "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."
I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't ya know I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning. No problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he says "So..is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig, then back to him and said, "No I'm delivering a bridge...Here's your sign!"
You know, I was watching one of them animal shows on Discovery Channel, and there was some guy inventing a shark-bite suit. There's only one way to test that... " Now we want you to jump in, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you!" Here's your sign.
Well, myu wife and I were trying to sell our car about a year ago. Well, some guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. He gets back to the house, gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then goes, "Dang, that's hot!" See, if he would have been wearing a sign, I could have stopped that. Here's your sign.
Happy Friday, ya'll!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Denise said...

You made me laugh, thanks.

Amrita said...

You family and you have a great sense of humour.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH I loved those! Too funny. I loved the coin toss one. It's sounds like something I would do. LOL.
Big hugs my friend.
Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were hysterical! How do you find so many? I struggle to just get one funny each friday. LOL

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

the fear factor one was great! thanks for the laughs.
Brenda @ http://www.ourlifestyleoflearning.ning.com

Grammy said...

They were all great. I love the Lost & Found one. Have a great week end.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Ha Ha! Too funny! Love the one @ the little boy being allergic to shotes. I think my son would say that!

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy Friday! Amanda:)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

LOL! Too cute! Love the shots and fly one! :D

Amydeanne said...

very cute, i like the manners one with the grapes! lol

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!

I should join in next Friday...I have to write down the funny things that happen around here!

Laurie Ann, thanks for all of your encouraging comments. I so appreciate all of your wonderful words and am thankful whenever I see you have a left a comment!!!

OK, what is a D6 family??????

Doris said...

I love your blog. And today was just what I needed. I've been so blue all week (on top of having a cold), but reading your post lifted my spirits. Thank you so much!

Joyfull said...

These are adorable! My favorite, was the here's your sign! Too funny!

June said...

I like the one about the purse,
It is a mystery to me how we fit
all of that in our purse can you
see a man trying to to it hehe

June

SophieMae said...

LOL! The lost & found one really cracked me up! Thanks ever so for making my heart merry today! 8-]

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Laurie Ann...

These cracked me up...the coin toss was just too funny and something I could see myself doing! lol

Hugs to you today sweet sis!

Magnolia Memories08 said...

Amanda these are the cutest. It is so nice to find cute jokes like I find here. Your blog is such an inspiration to each and every person who reads your messages. So thankful I found your blog.
Have a great weekend
Vikki

Unknown said...

You've got some good ones there! Thanks for the laughs!!

Marsha said...

LOL!

I could so relate to the pocketbook one! My husband stays the same thing about mine. He also makes fun of how heavy it is. But just wait until he needs something when we're out, I've got it!

Have a blessed weekend.

bp said...

So funny!

I like the bathroom break one. I always wonder what little things like this my son will say when he is in school.

Have a great weekend!