Monday, February 02, 2009

Photobucket



Gathering at the Well

Welcome to Gathering At the Well. I'm so excited to be back visiting with you!
Chelsey is our host today. She has done a great outline on some upcoming features of The Well and jumps into some discussion questions for us to talk about.
When you read the Scripture found in Titus 2:2-5, how do you see this playing out in your own life?
"Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance. Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." ~ Titus 2:2-5 (NIV)
This passage is so full of what we should be teaching and learning. I have learned from many godly men and women some principles that will stay with me forever. I have found that luckily I am moldable by God to change and grow, hopefully in the direction He has for me.
What are your areas of strength?
Leading by example and being willing to share the truths of this passage with other women around me.
Of weakness?
Not being as bold in standing up for what I know is wrong. I really need to become more outspoken and rather than simply sit back and listen, share when I believe something wrong is being practiced. I'm not saying I should make a scene, but really, I could be more bold.
"Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. " ~ 2 Corinthians 3:12 (NIV)
If you could set some sort of goal in relation to this Scripture, what would it be?

To become more bold as I share these truths with other women, not only in blog-land but in person. We have a great opportunity to mentor women in our lives. I have a post coming up later in the year on that, but also taking the opportunity to really break down Titus 2 and teaching on sections that I have been gifted with the wisdom to teach.

God has given us some great truths here and we must be about our Father's business in sharing them with other women and the children that we have in our lives. Let's not miss an opportunity, ladies!

"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." ~ Galatians 6:10 (NIV)

To participate in Gathering At the Well, click here.


Photobucket

17 comments:

Denise said...

Beautifully said, love you.

Sarah Mae said...

Hello Laurie Ann - nice to "meet" you! :)

I agree, we do need to speak truth, just as long as we are doing it with a heart of love and not anger...grace if we want others to listen. That has been my experience!

Joyfull said...

Loved reading your post today! I am a lot alike you with the strengths and weaknesses, I am striving toward boldness. Today's women truly need a godly mentor (as I did years back and still do) and we need to seize the opportunities to share God's Word and directions for our lives. Looking forward to the break down coming soon!

Unknown said...

"...we must be about our Father's business in sharing them with other women and the children that we have in our lives"

Love this Laurie Ann... it is all about the Father and HE is our business. Perfectly put!

So glad you are a part of this team and you have joined us today At the Well!

lori said...

Maybe it's the name...but I share this with you...
"Not being as bold in standing up for what I know is wrong. I really need to become more outspoken and rather than simply sit back and listen, share when I believe something wrong is being practiced. I'm not saying I should make a scene, but really, I could be more bold."

It's not that I'm quiet..just sometimes not as willing to speak up as I need to...

I'm journeying with you!
peace!
lori (ann):)

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, and for stopping by my blog. To answer your question, YES. I do believe where I have come from has been used by the Lord to make me addicted and desperate for Him. He has given me a full measure of Himself in answer to my prayers and cries for wisdom. For that I am very grateful for my past in terms of how God used it to bring me to where I am today.

Glad to be journeying with you!

Anonymous said...

Laurie Ann - thanks for your comment on my blog. And I love your perspective on this. For those of us who struggle with or are new to being submissive - your experience & wisdom are really appreciated!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Very nice post...and Im glad to find your blog through At the Well.

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that I can be a model for younger mothers...if the Lord lays that on my heart.

Patty Wysong said...

Standing boldly is something that I really need to work on, too.
Hugs!

Lisa said...

I just saw this scripture on Momstheword, I ask the Lord for boldness. I want to speak up and stand up for Jesus...more and do it in a tactful way. I have listed my blog on my facebook hoping some of my other friends will check it out and see my belief in the Lord.

momstheword said...

Amen dear sister. Being bold is a scary thing in our own flesh. Praise the Lord that we walk in His strength and that it is He Who will give us the words and the will to speak for Him.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

It is hard to be bold. I know I'm not either. Thank you for sharing your heart!

I also thank you for encouraging me on my blog.

Have a great Monday!
Sherry

Vickie said...

Beautiful post, filled with a lot of truths. Thank you for sharing. Glad to meet you.

Vickie

Sit-N-Chat said...

It is nice to meet you and be able to talk about the Lord with others through this. I appreciated your words. God bless your week.

eph2810 said...

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us, Laurie Ann. Yes, we can be bolder in the world -- God has been leading me to more boldness and how to say it :)

Be blessed today and always...

Melanie said...

May we all be bolder for Christ!

Congrats, Laurie Ann, on being one of the CWO Top 100 Blogs this year. So glad you were included in the list. You're one of my faves!