Monday, March 09, 2009

The Sushi Dinner That Wasn't
No sushi for us. Mother came by after work and off we went. We drove up to the restaurant and it was dark. DARK, I tell you. As in closed.
Dejection set in but only for a moment.
We headed out to Dogwood and went to Up the Creek. The shrimp was divine and the conversation was even better. I showed Momma how to text message with her phone and which key inserted punctuation.
We swapped stories about our grandchildren, her filling me in on what's going on with Ethan and me telling her what's going on with her great grandchildren, Nolan and Liam.
We had a great visit and are ready to try sushi next month.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening! Glad you got to spend some time with your Mom. My mom was admitted to the hospital today for the 3 time in a month.

Blessings!

Melanie said...

Sounds like lots of fun, Laurie Ann! I would've been disappointed about the sushi, too... I love me some good sushi! :)

Denise said...

Sounds like a lovely evening with your dear mom.

LAURIE said...

sounds like a great nite. Ok just for the record... no sushi for me when we meet for lunch but I definetly could do some shrimp!!!! -Blessings, Laurie