Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Chelsey is this week's host of "In Other Words Tuesdays". Please visit her blog to be abundantly blessed by what the other women have written on the following quote...


“We, as women, think of ourselves as mothers, teachers, nurses and so on, but God says that we are builders. We usually relegate this role to the men, but we are building with something far greater than brick and timber.” By Nancy Campbell, The Power of Motherhood: What the Bible Says About Mothers

Me? A *woman* builder? Gender lines are often crossed in today's culture, blurred, in fact. Still, when I think of builders, I think of men.


What in the world have I built in my lifetime? What did I use to build it?

As I've worked to build my home over the past 17 years, I realize that there are instructions on how I should have built it in the Bible. Fortunately, I know that now, but I didn't know it throughout the early years of my marriage.

I was spiritually immature, but I built. Through the years I built and built...

A legacy of faith begun in grace, founded in Christ alone. It was built with love, joy, tears, prayer, hope, patience, gentleness, persistence, effort and time. Trial and error, encouragement, knowledge and wisdom.


Was it successful? Don't know. I'm still building. Rather, God is still building through me.


9 comments:

Kathy C. said...

And He will continue to build us until the day we walk into His arms! :) I am a firm believer that we will never be done building our homes, it is a lifelong process, and we continue to learn along the way...rewiring things as necessary. :)

Have a blessed day,
Kathy C.

Miriam Pauline said...

"Rather, God is still building through me."
AMEN!! Beautifully expressed. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I am so thankful God does not give up and He continues building us. :)

Heather said...

Yes, that's right. God is the Builder and we're just His helpers. :) He's building something wonderful - can't wait to see the end result!

lori said...

The building ends on the day we get to the "gates..." You are right!
We are all STILL building until then!!

wise, wise words...
peace,
lori

Sheila said...

It is begun in grace and continued in grace and finished in grace isn't it!? Apart from Him we can do nothing, but in Christ we can do all things...even build homes, lives for God's glory!

Sheila

Denise said...

Such an awesome post my friend.

Susan said...

Hey Laurie,

Yes, we are still building...

I believe God's heard your prayers, tears, and will build on all the many wonderful seeds you have planted.

Thank God we have the perfect blueprint for our homes...

Blessings to you♥

God Chaser said...

May God continue to build us that we will leave a legacy of love, joy, peace etc. thanks for sharing