Wednesday, July 16, 2008


God bless Iris for hosting this wonderful meme. Every day is a great day to be thankful to God, but Thursday's have gotten really special to me lately...I love Thankful Thursday's. Pop on over to her place by visiting the link on the button at the top of this page and see what she and the other ladies who are participating are thankful for. You will surely be blessed!

The verse Irene chose is this:

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own
understanding.”~ Proverbs 3:5 (ESV)"
My main trust is in God alone. If I tried to get by own my own understanding I would end up as putty on the floor. I just couldn't move, or if I did I'd probably go down a drain or something. I'd be that bad without Him. I trust Him in the big decisions as well as the small. I fail, as you can see from my WFW post below, but I dust myself off and try again. I'm learning to trust on Him more and more often, though.

I'm so thankful that I know God and that I can trust in God. There are others I trust on earth, my husband Steve, Mother, my sister, my best friend, the WOW Gals, assorted family and friends.

I'm thankful for lots more this week, too.

~ My sister has about a month to go in her pregnancy and she's doing great. God is to be praised! Ethan should be born August 19. ~

~ I'm thankful for Brooke, my cousin, who is helping me host a baby shower for her next Saturday at my grandmother's house. I could NOT do it on my own. Brooke rocks. She's so creative and has been a huge blessing to me. ~

~ God bailed me out of a bad decision and didn't make the consequences too terribly bad. He is to be praised, indeed! ~

~ God led me to Kelley at Aroma of Joy, who designed a beautiful blog for me. I love it. I thank God for her - she's awesome, and her blog has really blessed me. ~

~ My uncle had some tests done that were clean - no sign of cancer in his body anywhere. He starts his treatment this week, if it came in, so please pray for minimal side effects. He will take 2 pills every day at home. ~

~ God has given me the opportunity to meet some wonderful ladies on-line. I am going through a spiritual growth spurt because of the wisdom of this wonderful blogging community. It's exciting, a little scary, and fun! I have grown closer to Christ because of ya'll. Thank God and thank you. ~

~ I still thank God for air-conditioning, though I'll only mention it once this week. Ya'll, it is HOT in Mississippi! ~

~ Finally, I'm thankful for my husband. He is such a trooper! I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago but still have my ovaries. About three times a year, just out of the blue, they decide to lay eggs or something and my hormones get the best of me. My nerves have been frayed for the last 2 days and I have PMS worse than I've ever had before. He has been so sweet to me. I'm thinking he'd prefer to slip me a mickey but he just goes right alone, acting like my weird mood is normal. Yeah, that was probably TMI, but I'm truly thankful he hasn't gotten bent out of shape at my being out of sorts. I have cried more in the last 2 days than I have in the last 2 years. ~

Now, go read other Thankful Thursday's while I go find the kleenex while I continue to thank God and cry for all that He's given me. I am blessed.


25 comments:

Denise said...

You totally touch my heart constantly, thank you. I will be praying for your sister, and the precious bundle of joy that she is carrying. I praise God that your uncle got good news sweetie.

Unknown said...

Laurie Ann,

I am undone by your first paragaph after the scripture. Thank you for these words and I echo..

Have a wonderful TT. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie Ann,

You are a blessing. I'll say a prayer for your sister. Your blog is absolutely beautiful!

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us Laurie Ann. You are such a blessing to all of us. -Blessings, Laurie

i said...

This is a wonderful list to be thankful for! Praying for your sister and her wonderful baby. So glad for your uncle's good news. Have a blessed baby shower!

Ann said...

Great thankful list! Praise God for clean bills of health, not getting stuck in our bad decisions, and baby showers :)

(P.S. TT's host is Iris, not Irene...)

Princess said...

Love the humor in your post. Great list.

Kristi said...

God's grace is amazing. I noticed your new blog design yesterday and meant to comment. It's beautiful! I just love how she framed your picture.

Anonymous said...

There was a wonderful comment left on my blog by a Laurie Ann, but there was no link, so I hope I'm posting to the right person! :-)

I was deeply touched by your comments. I am so thankful the devotion spoke to your heart. I had a feeling this particular devotion would "strike a chord" with many women, as women deem to be prone to being people pleasers.

You mentioned boundaries. I recently bought the Boundaries book and workbook at the Salvation Army Store, so I got them for around $1.40! I am anxious to start it, but the Lord is holding me back from it for right now. I am in the middle of another study right now, then feel like He is leading me to Psalm 119 for an in-depth study there.

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful list. I love the verse you used. Your blog is so pretty! I love the red and all the colors!

Kelley said...

And you are a blessing to many my friend! Thanks for including me in your TT list, I hope you have a wonderful (PMS-Free) weekend.

Kristi said...

Thanks, sweet Laurie Ann for so generously reading my LONG post and for praying for Hannah to have a BFF, best friend forever! Your prayers for her just blesses my heart! Thank you so much!!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

Love your post! Thankful for your uncle's results.

God asks that we do our best! I'm so glad that He takes care of us.

Happy TT!
Cheryl

Melanie said...

What wonderful blessings that Lord have given you this week, Laurie Ann!

Thanks so much for visiting me earlier today and for your kind words and prayers. The Lord has blessed me with "bloggy" friends like you!

Blessing to you on this Thankful Thursday!

Beth K. Vogt said...

Ah...thank God for a husband who loves you, hormones and all! It's on days like these I hum a few bars of "I enjoy being a girl ..."
;O)
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Laurie Ann, First of all, I love the new look of the blog. I noticed, immediately, and thought, "hey, when did she do this?" So I am glad you said something in your post. I love your list today. Also, thank you soooo much for coming by and offering such words of encouragement. It meant a lot.

Anonymous said...

you have such sweet spirit, laurie ann. God bless you and your family.

Aunt Angie said...

Laurie Ann---what a great post...and now, I thought I was the only one after a hysterectomy to have the "egg laying" kind of hormones! I have been having that ---some days it seems like decades! But---in truth---my surgery was only about 7--maybe 8 years ago as well. Sometimes the egg layin' seems to go on for DAYYYYYYYYYYYYS.

Your blog is beautiful---but what is the most beautiful is the LOVE Of JESUS that just flows from the screen!

Tami said...

You go ahead and cry, babe, and let the release remind you of His love.

Peculiar said...

WOW Laurie Ann, you've got so much to be grateful for!! I'm glad to hear that your husband is being so good to you through this time. It's so important. I had the same kind of hysterectomy you did, but I don't seem to have the hormone problems yet, like you've described. I thank God for that, but I pray that you get over these episodes sooner than later when they arrive and that the severity of them lessen. If nothing else, when those times come, it makes you press harder into the Lord huh?

Marsha said...

Beautiful post, Laurie Ann! I'll be praying for your sister and her precious little one.

Laura said...

Ahh, Laurie Ann, thank you for this reminder to be thankful! It changes the way we see our world, doesn't it? We are so blessed...

Tracy said...

Wow! What a stunning thankful list! A grateful heart changes everything. = )

Blessings,
Tracy

Aisha said...

You have such a beautiful TT list. Sorry it took me a while to visit. That's awesome that your husband has been understanding of what you're going through:)

Anonymous said...

Praise God for all these blessings. I really am smiling while reading the last part about your husband and your PMS-ish emotions. Your husband totally rocks!