Saturday, July 12, 2008


This song is so full of promise and hope. I love it. It suits my mood perfectly for today and I wanted to share it with ya'll, to let you know what I've been humming softly all day long, just praising God for His redemption plan and for Christ not only giving His life for me but rising from the dead. To visit more TSMS Saturday's, click here...Thanks so much, Amy, for bringing this blessing into my life and for hosting this meme each week.




Love Crucified Arose

Long ago He blessed the earth
Born older than the years
And in the stall a cross He saw
Through the first of many tears
A life of homeless wandering
Cast out in sorrow's way
The Shepherd seeking for the lost
His life, the price He paid
Love crucified, arose
The Risen One in splendor
Jehovah soul Defender
Has won the victory
Love crucified, arose
And the grave became a place of hope
For the heart that sin and sorrow broke
Is beating once again
Throughout Your life You felt the weight
Of what You'd come to give
To drink for us that crimson cup
So we might really live
At last the time to love and die
The dark appointed day
That one forsaken moment
When Your Father turned His face away
Love crucified, arose
The One who lived the died for me
Was Satan's nail-pierced casualty
Now He's breathing once again
Love crucified, arose
And the grave became a place of hope
For the heart that sin and sorrow broke
Is beating once again
Love crucified, arose
The Risen One in splendor
Jehovah soul defender
Has won the victory
Love crucified, arose
And the grave became a place of hope
for the heart that sin and sorrow broke
Is beating once again
Love crucified, arose
The One who lived and died for me
Was Satan's nail-pierced casualty
Now He's breathing once again


8 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Laurie Ann,

First off, your blog looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-l!!! I just LOVE IT!!!

This song is just incredible too. I think I own all of Micheal Card's CD's. I once saw him in concert too. What an experience.

Hope you have a great weekend♥

Denise said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG..... it has been on of my favorites for many years....... I listen to that and I cry...........

Peggy said...

Bless you Laurie Ann...for sharing Michael Card...it's been a good while since I've heard him...hardly recognized him but when he sang, I could tell!What a beautiful, inspiring song to hear!
And congratulations on the Award!
You passed it on to 5 very worthwhile choices also! Bravo!
May God continue to bless you as you continue to bless us!

Amy Wyatt said...

Laurie Ann,
What a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing it.
If you will, can you repost your link. For some reason the url you listed takes you to your "What Happens when Women Walk in Faith" post. I think it just linked wrong somehow. It may be why you don't have many comments. Your link doesn't take you to TSMSS post.
Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to sign up on Mr. Linky again.

Mindy said...

Such a beautiful song! Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is really beautiful and I enjoyed reading it. I'm adding you to my blog roll.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie,

I've been out all day and trying to listen to some songs now! Glad I did. Thanks for sharing!

I like your new look also!

Have a great Sunday.
Cheryl

Lisa Cobler said...

What a beautiful and uplifting choice of songs. This song is always such a blessing!

Tracy said...

Lovely song...thank you. Your new look is beautiful! I love it! Is this your handiwork or ???