Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've been tagged by Lea at http://shabbyoldepottingshed.blogspot.com/


Six things about me you don't know...

1. I have a serious phobia of elephants. When I was in 5th grade, my father took me and his oldest daughter to the zoo. We were standing there, watching the elephants, and I guess something spooked one. He raised up, putting his front legs up on the inside of the fence and then blew his trunk, blasting a trumpeting sound so loud that it sent me running. My dad found me 10 or 15 minutes later cowering like a sissy in the bathroom. They wanted to finish the tour but no way, no how. I latched on to my daddy's leg and he saw I wasn't letting go. Took my hysterical self home and on to the emergency room for a shot of something to calm me down. It scared me *that* badly! To this day, they are seriously my worst nightmare.

2. I love bread like most people love chocolate. I could live off rolls, biscuits or crackers. Except whole grain breads or breads with visible seeds. That icks me out.

3. I have amazing beginner's luck. The first time I try something, I triumph. I don't know why. It is what it is. But the talent usually doesn't stick with me. It's only at the beginning.

4. I re-read some books the way people watch their favorite movies over and over. I especially love series books like the Yada Yada Prayer Group and Left Behind, Love Comes Softly, etc. I feel as though I know these people and to re-read the books are like reconnecting with old friends.

5. I don't remember a lot of my childhood or adolescence due to emotional and verbal abuse and constant fear I lived in regarding above-mentioned father. When he was good, he was good, but he's an alcholic (a recovered one now.) It bothers me that I don't remember, but I'm told by my doctor that it's the brain's safety mechanism. Mother is very evasive about it and will not fill in many of my gaps when I've asked. It's for my own good, I suppose. That's okay with me for now.

6. I smoke. Cigarettes. Not crack or anything like that. But cigarettes are bad enough. God is dealing with me strongly about it and I am very close to making a decision to stop smoking for good.

As Lea said, "Rules are: Tag more people and keep passin it on...."

I'm tagging:

Twinkle Mom at Sunflower Faith
Pam at Beyond the Red Door
Melly at Mini Pauses
Denise at Shortybear's Place
Dawn at Whispers of the Morning
You - go forth and Tag 6 people if you aren't on the list

5 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for tagging me sweetie. I will post this tomorrow. I liked learning about you. I am very sorry for the abuse you suffered from your dad. I really understand your pain. I will pray for God to help you to quit smoking. I love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for tagging me...*Hugs* Love you dear Sister and your constant words of encouragement!

Denise said...

My post is now up sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me :) I'll work on this tonight and tomorrow. Hope you had a great weekend!

Susan said...

Wow, this was fun!! I really enjoyed getting to know more about you.

Hey, I love bread too, but chocolate, hmmmm, that's a touch choice for me!!

Blessings♥