Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ain't Life Grand

Here are a few pictures of my two favorite guys. The Grands are Nolan, aka Nolie or Nolie Polie 'Mifferton, age 19 mos., and Liam, aka Fish or Li Li, age 6 mos. They were a delight today! We had a great time as a family. My beautiful bonus daughter and her husband Corey are so much fun, too. Lots of laughter in the house today, and a temper tantrum or two by Baby No (another nickname, LOL!). He's coughing a little so I think it's more that he didn't feel well than anything else. He is normally a very happy baby. Unless he's hitting his terrible two's early. Yikes? Fish...he's a shrieker when he's ready for a nap. He will rattle the rafters. No rocking, pleaseandthankyouverymuch. Straight to bed, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Nonnie rocks anyway for a few minutes if she can catch him just right. I can't help it. Nolie let me rock him this afternoon before his naptime, too. Oh, he was soooooooo sweet! The Grands are growing up on me. It seems just like yesterday they were tee-niny. Nothing little about them anymore! Nolie is a Paw Paw's boy. He loves him some Paw Paw. Nonnie gets to kiss the bo-bo's and rock him when he's sleepy, but the rest of the time he is all about Steve. Steve soaks it up. He loves both of the Grands to pieces, and I bet Fish grows up to be just like Nolan. They'll make every step their Paw Paw makes and Nonnie will just bake da brownies, hah hah! On with the pictures...
Kristyn, Nolie & Fish

Baby No


Fish



A cute note about the outfits they were wearing today. Kristyn's mom has 3 other sons, Kristyn's brothers Wayne, Jacob & Luke. Nolie's outfit was Wayne's, who is 19 years old now, and Fish's outfit was Jacob's, who is 13 now. Tabitha was so sweet to let her have them to wear today. They were just precious in them. It was so warm outside so it worked out really well that they were in something cool. The rain held off until about 30 minutes after we finished hunting eggs. It rained non-stop until just a few minutes ago, when they decided to leave. How great was that timing?

Interestingly, there are 5 generations alive on my side and even though it's non-biological, a legacy of faith still gets passed down since I raised Kristyn to believe as I did. On Steve's side there are 4 generations alive. On Tabitha's there are also 4. Knowing that these little guys are going to grow up with a legacy of faith as Steve and I did, and that we passed it on to Kristyn (she was saved at the age of 9), I take our responsibility to teach them to follow God seriously. I pray for them every day to grow up to be strong men of faith and accept Christ asap!

Reflecting on our Savior's Resurrection while having my family around was just precious.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Thanks for sharing your precious little ones with us. So glad that rain held off for your gathering!

Marsha said...

SO precious! I love the first pic of Fish 'eating' the egg. Too cute!

Our oldest grandchild will be 9 the end of June and #6 comes in July. I've always said that if I'd known grandkids were gonna be so much fun I would've had them first! LOL

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day.

Denise said...

So very sweet, thanks for sharing my friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

Gorgeous family you have. I love the shot of Liam with the egg stuffed in his mouth...that is too cute.
That is also very cool about the outfits. They look like somethiing you would find at a boutique now a days. Awesome.

Melanie said...

Sounds like you all had a great day together. Those little guys are just too cute! :)

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh I just love grandchildren. They bring so much love and joy in our lives. Absolutely beautiful daughter and grandchildren Laurie Ann. God designs them so perfectly, doesn't He?

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day with them yesterday.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Beth in NC said...

Those are some beautiful babies!

bp said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, you are blessed with some sweet grands! It always just touches my heart to read bonus daughter. I love that!

God bless you,
Bethany

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie Ann...and thanks so much for your welcome back! I missed you, too! I've missed so much on your blog it was difficult to decide where I should start! But your precious photos drew me to here...sorry!

What better place could I start then rejoicing with you in Our Redeemer's Resurrection & enjoying such beautiful family legacy & lives! He is alive! He lives in you & in them! Praise Jesus! He is risen & we can celebrate rain that waits until after the Easter egg hunt! Such JOY, such LOVE! And your favorite guys!!! Kristyn looks so naturally happy & blessed! You done good!!! God truly must be SMILIN' :)