Monday, April 27, 2009

Miscellaneous
Thanks for everyone's participation At the Well today! Our topic was on mentoring and I truly enjoyed the posts and comments given. This must be a topic near and dear to many hearts.
Steve and I had a great overnight trip this weekend. We got back this afternoon and have been resting some. Steve has a cold. I feel so sorry for him!
My aunt sent me an email. My uncle has a website up at M. D. Anderson's care site to keep us posted on updates. Here's what she wrote.
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Jimmy and Susan have set up a website to update about Jimmy's upcoming treatment at M.D. Anderson. All you have to do is go to
carepages.com and then register (it's free), then do a search on jimmyriley. It will also email you when they update the page. Let's keep Jimmy, Susan, and the twins in our prayers as they go through this ordeal, and pray that the treatment will rid Jimmy of this "beast" for good. Love to all, Melanie
I thought it would be wonderful if you had a moment to sign up for updates so you could keep him in your prayers and maybe even let him know where you are praying from. He'll have surgery on the 30th and be in for a week of chemo. I think the plans are to come home for 2 weeks and go back for another. At any rate, this site will keep us updated! I'll be sure to keep you updated here, too. When you do the search, you have to do it just like she mentioned, all together, one word - jimmyriley. I already signed up - it's not that hard to do, and I'm praying the encouragement he receives from knowing he's being prayed for will help. May God be glorified through this whole process.
Back to work tomorrow! I have enjoyed my 3 day weekend. Steve and I went to see the movie Knowing Friday night. Wow. Major biblical connotations but then again way off base. It's a movie that is very interesting and makes you think...it's kind of spooky so it's not one for kids, even though a child stars in it - go figure. There's no cussing or sex, it's just very deep and there are some violent scenes and tense moments. I probably won't bring it home as one to own but I bet Steve does! He loved it. Great action and if you're rock solid in your faith the biblical foreshadowing won't shake you, although it will disturb you, if that makes sense. I was really battling with how it ended. Steve, not so much.
Not sure if I'll be posting much tomorrow or not - if so, probably short posts. My hands are aching pretty badly tonight. I drove back. Steve was sleeping off nyquil this morning.
Be blessed and excuse any typos. Much love!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Laurie Ann! Glad you had a great trip and are back safely.

I love these sites such as Carepages that allows you so easily to communicate times of illness and such. I will continue to keep Uncle Jimmy in my prayers.

Denise said...

I will go, and sign up. I will continue to pray for your uncle Jimmy. Praying Steve feels better soon. I love you.

ambersun said...

Hope and pray your uncle gets through all that successfully.

Glad you had a good weekend. Haven't heard of the movie but will keep an eye out for it.

God Bless

Amber

Tricia said...

I went to your Uncle's page and have signed up to get updates... I will be praying for him and his family...

Blessings!