Wednesday, April 08, 2009

WFW - Show, Teach, and Guide Me, Oh Lord




Show Me

The Hebrew word for show is yada`. It means:

1) to know
a) (Qal)
1) to know
a) to know, learn to know
b) to perceive
c) to perceive and see, find out and discern
d) to discriminate, distinguish
e) to know by experience
f) to recognise, admit, acknowledge, confess
g) to consider
2) to know, be acquainted with
3) to know (a person carnally)
4) to know how, be skilful in
5) to have knowledge, be wise
b) (Niphal)
1) to be made known, be or become known, be revealed
2) to make oneself known
3) to be perceived
4) to be instructed
c) (Piel) to cause to know
d) (Poal) to cause to know
e) (Pual)
1) to be known
2) known, one known, acquaintance
(participle)
f) (Hiphil) to make known, declare
g) (Hophal) to be made known
h) (Hithpael) to make oneself known, reveal oneself

Trusting God to make known to me His ways is something I can always do and should always be on the lookout for. He makes known to us the things we need to know. In all the ways above He reveals Himself to us because He longs for us to travel the narrow road! We must be on the lookout for the truths He shows us through His Word, through the Holy Spirit, and through godly men and women.

Teach Me

The Hebrew word for teach is lamad. It means:

1) to learn. teach, exercise in
a) (Qal) to learn
b) (Piel) to teach
c) (Pual) to be taught, be trained

I pray that my spirit is receptive to His teaching me the paths He wants me to travel in life, that I may remain trainable and discern His will for me.

Guide Me

The Hebrew word for guide is darak and means:

1) to tread, bend, lead, march
a) (Qal)
1) to tread, march, march forth
2) to tread on, tread upon
3) to tread (a press)
4) to tread (bend) a bow
5) archer, bow-benders (participle)
b) (Hiphil)
1) to tread, tread down
2) to tread (bend with the foot) a bow
3) to cause to go, lead, march, tread

With God guiding me in His truths and teaching me His paths I can never fear. He will never take me where He hasn't trod Himself before. He leads me and treads down the places where I may fear to go were it not for Him.

Hoping in Him

We trust God to show us, teach us and guide us in the way that He will go because we trust Him and have hope in Him.

The Hebrew word for hope is qavah. It means:

1) to wait, look for, hope, expect
a) (Qal) waiting (participle)
b) (Piel)
1) to wait or look eagerly for
2) to lie in wait for
3) to wait for, linger for
2) to collect, bind together
a) (Niphal) to be collected

What hope we have in the Savior who leads us. We look for Him in everyday life and catch glimpses as we linger, waiting for direction. We are a blessed people to have such a loving God who will never lead us astray. We are on the path toward eternity and it's a wonderful feeling to know that! Because of the assurance and hope we have in our Father, we can rest assured that He will show us, guide us and teach us the path to walk on. Along the way we can cry out to Him in prayer, praising Him, adoring Him, interceding for others and praying prayers of supplication for ourselves.

Wrap Up

Questions for Reflection: Are you remaining trainable before God? What are some things God is showing you, teaching you and guiding you toward lately? What are some ways we can encourage others to walk down this road with us?

Verse for the Day: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Prayer: Father, thank You for the truths you show us, teach us, and guide us in. Help us to always follow Your leading and be receptive to Your Word. Give us strong hearts to trust in You to guide us down the paths You lead us. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

F - Focus on the future, not the past as you run on the path set before You by God. "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)

O - Open your eyes to see how God is directing your steps. "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?" ~ Proverbs 20:24 (NIV)

L - Let the Lord lead you and stay by His side where you are safe - running ahead can be dangerous! "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." ~ Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

L - Lean on the Lord, trusting Him to direct your paths. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

O - Obey the teachings in God's Word. "You are my portion, O LORD; I have promised to obey your words." ~ Psalm 119:57 (NIV)

W - Watch for traps and pitfalls in life and avoid them. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." ~ Romans 12:2 (NIV)

H - Hope in God and don't lose heart as you strive for your eternal rewards. "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." ~ Hebrews 10:35-36 (NIV)

I - Invest time with God every day to maintain your focus on Him. "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees. " ~ Psalm 119:9-12 (NIV)

M - Make it a point to bring others onto the pathway with you, pointing them toward the Savior for salvation. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." ~ Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)



The purpose of Word Filled Wednesday is to share the Word of God through photo's and Scripture. Amydeanne, over at The 160 Acre Woods, is our hostess. Be sure to link up and share your own, and drop her a thank you for hosting this wonderful meme each week. It always blesses my heart to read all the posts and see the photos and verses. This is a wonderful way to minister to others and to be ministered to by reading others posts. Please visit by clicking on the button below.





Photobucket

23 comments:

Denise said...

Great WFW,

ambersun said...

Hi again

I found great comfort in your post.

As you probably already know I have a very sick cat and a house I have to leave.

Instead of trusting in God I am worrying and pleading with Him. I think this pleading is a bit biblical (David did it) but I also need to realise that God is right here with me, supporting me all the way.

God Bless

Amber

Angela said...

I keep tellin ya, I LOVE how you feed us, how you write out the meaning of the hebrew wording,,PLUS write out the hebrew word. I come here sometimes to just sit and spend some time with the Lord, being nourished by what you have written...

He & Me + 3 said...

I loved your acostics today. I need to continue to focus on the future but always remember to stay by His side where it is safe..I often go off on my own, trying to be independant...

Tammy said...

Love this Laurie Ann! I especially like the part about guiding...one of the definitions was an archer or bow-bender...it makes me think that we are to be like arrows and God is guiding us and sending us out and if we are arrows then we should go where the archer sends us. A lot to think about...thanks for sharing!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Love your post.

Blessings!
Cheryl

Rebecca said...

I was still chuckling from your "don't mess with perfection till she starts kindergarten" comment when I stopped over here.

Then there was this verse about God guiding us and teaching us and giving us hope. And I was encouraged that He didn't just mean in the "spiritual" things, it said my hope is in you ALL DAY LONG. Even in the little issues, like pacifiers and potty training. We can ask HIM for his advice and guidance too. Such an encouragement on this typical mommy-filled day.

I used this WFW prayer verse to start out my day with my girls. Thanks Laurie!

God Chaser said...

Blessings and as always thanks for this spirit filled teachings. Blessings this WFW and have a wonderful Easter

Following His path
Willnette

Joyfull said...

Amen! Wonderful reflection on being trainable, God surely will show, teach and guide us if we follow Him. Proverbs 3:5,6 is one of my favorites verses for life. Happy Word Filled Wednesday!

Susan said...

Another great post!!

I love that scripture in Proverbs.

You are so creative with you acrostics!!

Hope you're having a blessed day Laurie Ann♥

Tracy said...

Yet again, you've bless me so much in how you break down these verses for us. I'm echoing each of your prayers...most importantly, that I remain trainable to his workings in my life. (I especially loved this acrostic!)

Blessings & Happy Easter to you!

Cathy said...

Beautiful, Laurie Ann, I believe you are a Biblical scholar!

Lisa said...

Excellent reminder! Thanks for the reminder and for stopping by today!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Just loving this post, my friend. Happy WFW!

Samantha said...

So beautiful, thanks for sharing, have a very blessed Wednesday !

lori said...

Laurie Ann,
The time you spend is so wonderful and encouraging....thank you...what a WONDERFUL word today!!
peace....
following HIM,
lori

Amydeanne said...

love ya Laurie!

hugs

happy Easter!

Joanne Sher said...

I LOVE how you take the time to do this every week. You ALWAYS bless me abundantly, and today was no exception. Happy WFW, my friend.

annies home said...

thank you for sharing such great information

ellen b. said...

Hello Laurie Ann! My hope is in Him all day long. May it always be!! Have a glorious Easter dear one...

Alleluiabelle said...

Laurie Ann,

You encourage me, teach me, remind me in so many, many ways in this post. God speaks through you here and it's all about Him, isn't? You are a fine reflection of who He wants you to be through Him.

Thanks so much for filling me here today.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Twinkle Mom (Sunflower Faith) said...

Beautiful post and a great way to start the weekend with! God bless you!

Tricia said...

What a great WFW post... He guides me in His truth, for that I am so thankful!

Blessings!