Thursday, April 02, 2009

Great News!

Still on a blogging break until next week but I have a praise I had to share.

My uncle has had a recurrence of malignant melanoma again but we got some awesome news today!!!!

Text from Jimmy:

Very positive and encouraging report today at MDA. My oncologist is putting me back on the same chemos that I took last year, plus a new chemo drug. Both are pill form and can be taken at home, both can be tolerated very well and should work very well. Next week we will re-do cyberknife as a precautionary procedure. The other places of concern are small lymph nodes, one will be removed at MDA in a few weeks as outpatient surgery so that they will have it to use in their lab to grow a vaccine that could be used in the future if needed - a back-up plan. No disease in any major organ either. Although the battle continues, we are thankful and praising God for such a wonderful report and plan.
Okay - it's me again. MDA stands for M. D. Anderson. Is this news awesome or what?! I'm so glad it's not in any major organs. The liver was a concern. I love his faith and praise God for having His hand on Jimmy. This is just wonderful news!!!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Laurie Ann that is great news and I will say a prayer for him.

Denise said...

Praising God with you sweetie.

God Chaser said...

God is good-be blessed

Melanie said...

Praising God with you! So glad he is able to go to MD Anderson... awesome hospital. My father-in-law has spent MUCH time there since my husband and I started dating about 15 years ago (Hodgkins Disease, liver cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer) and they always take such good care of him.

Praying the good news continues and Uncle Jimmy receives the "all clear" in the future.

Take care!

Marsha said...

Oh this is wonderful! I'll continue to pray.

How are you doing? Tendons any better?

ambersun said...

Hi again

I don't know how anyone copes with cancer.

Both my grandfather's died of it.

Yesterday the vet said my cat may have it. I am freaking out.

How can I cope, be positive and trust God?

Please let me know.

God Bless

Amber

Jennifer said...

Praise The Lord, Laurie Ann!

I will be praying for your Uncle Jimmy!

((hugs))

Tricia said...

Praising God with you!!

Have a great break!

Blessings!