Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Blogging Break
I have a pulled tendon in my right knee. I'm icing, elevating and resting it so it will heal. I'm just so sad that I'm not able to spend time viewing your blogs! I miss ya'll! And WFW. Oh, how I miss WFW this week!
I am getting lots of Bible reading done. Moses dies every time at the end of Deuteronomy. I always know it's coming but it's so sad. He was such a strong leader for the Israelites and so humble. I am awed at how it's just God and him alone on the mountain and to this day no one knows where Moses is buried. How awesome is that?
Ready for Joshua to lead the Israelites in to conquer the Promised Land and inhabit the land God promised so long ago to their forefathers. Oh, that their hearts would have never been turned toward idolatry! I'm reminded how easy it is to be swayed. We must remain strong and rooted in Christ and not the things of this world. It's effort but worth it.
See ya'll soon! I can't wait to visit with everyone and get caught up later in the week.
Much love and hugs,
Photobucket

16 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your pulled tendon, Laurie Ann! You rest now and know that you are loved and being prayed for by many bloggy friends.

Saleslady371 said...

Sorry to read that you pulled a tendon, Laurie Ann. That must hurt! May you rest well during this down time and enjoy your cozy relationship with the Lord. You will bounce back all the more powerfully, so we all better rest too, for sure!

I love Moses, too. So many good leadership principles here.

Praying for you,
Mary

Darlene said...

Oh my! I hope you are feeling better! We will miss you ...praying for you!

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for you knee to heal quickly. Missing you.

Patricia said...

I love that, "Moses dies every time at the end of Deuteronomy." I know what you mean though. Take care of yourself and hurry back.

Denise said...

Bless your dear heart, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I love you.

Raye Ann said...

Sorry you are in such pain. I will be praying for you.

I love the way you talk about your Bible reading. You talk as if you are there.

Blessings Always

LauraLee Shaw said...

Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry about your injury!!!! I know this is the worst possible timing, but I just wanted you to know that your name is on my blog post today...
Love you so...
http://lovinthearts.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Praying for you tonight get rested and better soon.

ambersun said...

Hi again

Sorry you hurt your tendon.

I don't cry at Moses death but I cry at Aslan's death (Narnia) and at Jesus' death (Passion of the Christ). Same sort of thing - I know how it's going to end but it's still so sad.

Look after yourself.

God Bless

Amber

Mindy said...

Ouch! Prayers coming your way for speedy healing. Enjoy your break. Sometimes just being still is a real blessing.

Joyfull said...

I'm sorry to hear about your knee injury. Hope that it heals quickly, we sure miss you!
Glad that you are gleaning from God's Word during this time. We can learn so much from our forefathers. Blessings to you!

MJ said...

Sorry about your injury! I hope it heals quickly.

You are in my prayers!

Honeycombs said...

Hi enjoyed reading your post but sorry to hear about your knee. Sometimes the Lord makes use of us when we have to rest so just enjoy and keep posting. I'm sure I'll drop by again.
Blessings, Jean

Melanie said...

I was wondering yesterday where you were for Thankful Thursday and then realized I hadn't seen any posts in my reader for you in a couple of days. So, I got to searching and discovered I had missed this post, too! Somehow it just slipped past me as I was reading thru blogs.

So sorry to hear about your pulled tendon. I will be praying it heals quickly. Enjoy all the time in Bible Study and rest.

Love you!

Tricia said...

I am so sorry you have hurt your knee... mine is hurt too from my fall last week. I thought it was all better until I tried to run today and there was pain! I will pray for your recovery...

I too get so sad when Moses dies... the first time I read the Bible through I cried like a baby when Moses died...

Blessings!