Thursday, May 29, 2008



1 Thessalonians 4:16 - 18 reads:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Thank You, my precious Lord and Savior, for fulfilling so much prophecy as of late and making me aware of so many of the signs of the times that I believe Your return will be in my generation.

Thank you for the assurance, God, that unless I have been taken by accident or disease before You return I have the faith and confidence that I will meet You in the air and be with You forever in Heaven. I cannot wait to come home to Heaven and praise You for all eternity!

Hearing sermons or reading things about this day used to terrify me, mainly because I was young and unsaved, but also because it usually included the part about Armageddon. When I hear about it or read about it now, it puts a spring in my step and a song in my heart and the dread of old and sense of impending doom is but a distant memory.

I am so thankful that my feelings on the Rapture and later the Second Coming of Christ (I am a pre-trib Rapture believer) have changed.

I rejoice and thank God for this.

Are you ready for Christ to return? Are you absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will spend eternity with Him in Heaven? Click here if you want to know more...


3 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful heart.

bp said...

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

That use to scare me also and if I'm honest at times it still does but it shouldn't. If we live each day for Christ then what do we have to fear?