Thursday, May 08, 2008

Jeremiah prayed in Jeremiah 32:17, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."

This is a timely prayer for me to read. I have a loved one whose cancer has returned in his brain. Fears of the potential complexity of the surgery, recovery, treatment, not to mention the unknown, niggle at the back of my mind. In my heart, I am faithful. I believe God can heal him if it is His will.

Jeremiah reminded us in his prayer that God has shown Himself to be capable in the past. He made the world. He not only made the earth, but all that is in it. And He used His power and outstretched arm to do so. When you think about what all God has made and done and all on His own power and hand, using the wisdom He has, certainly nothing is too hard for God, especially a little 1 1/2 inch tumor.

I will trust in the strength of God's power and outstretched hand.

0 comments: