Thursday, May 22, 2008



Today is Thursday Thirteen.

Here are thirteen Bible Verses that are giving me hope for Jimmy as he fights cancer and help me reflect on how good God is, how He is able, how He is faithful, how He has shown Himself to be so present and with us.

My hope is in Him, and my prayer for you is that you will enjoy these verses as much as I have.

May they speak to your heart in whatever situation you are dealing with.

1. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, - Psalm 33:18

2. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. - Romans 12:12

3. But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. - Jeremiah 17:7

4. For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth. - Psalms 71:5

5. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. - Psalms 31:24

6. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. - Hebrews 11:1

7. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

8. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD - Psalm 27:14

9. but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

10. The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. - Psalm 34:17

11. The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness. - Psalm 41:3

12. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. - Isaiah 34:2

13. The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

4 comments:

ohAmanda said...

Awesome verses!

And here's one that carried me thru my dad's cancer-battle...ok, so it's more like 3...

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Wonderful verses, great reminders. My fave is Jeremiah 29:11. I hope it brings you comfort.

Anonymous said...

I hope your husband gets better soon. Here's a verse God used to speak to my heart after I found a lump in my breat and subsequently went thru chemo, a mastectomy, and 33 radiation treatments:

I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord. The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over to death. Psalm 118:17-18 KJV

May the Lord be with you both during this difficult journey.

Meju said...

Loved the verses. Of course, they are all awesome, aren't they?! I will add your family to my prayer list, with your OK , Of course.