The Queen Award
The rule of the award is to:
- List 7 things that make you "awe-summm" and then, pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.
-Make sure to tag the recepients and let them know they have won.
- Link back to the "Queen" that tagged you.
I received this award from Bren at Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path. What a sweetheart she is! Although I'm new to her blog, I can tell you that she is all about Jesus and her posts are encouraging and uplifting and always teach me.
My 7 Awesome Things
1. My Savior. Where would I be without Him? Oh, the perfect thrill of grace. The comfort and peace of knowing that my eternity is secure in Heaven with Him is what sustains me here on earth. My relationship with God is one that grows and my love for Him continues to increase. I see His hand at work in so many ways in my life and I am humbled. Reduced. The path He has set before me is one He sometimes has to give me a shove to keep going on but I'm going.
2. My husband. We just celebrated 18 years together and we both say we'd do it all again in a heartbeat. He is such a hard worker, so loving and faithful, loyal and giving to his family and friends and is so skilled at aso many things. Steve is definitely the head of the household and submitting to him is not a problem at all. I love how he has my best interests at heart and is never overbearing. In fact, he's very generous and I have a great life because of him. Not monetarily, just life in general. I live a life of comfort in knowing that he has it under control. I help him with things but generally trust him for the big stuff, and that's okay with him. He wants to provide and take care of me. He never complains when I have a flare-up and have to cancel last minute things. He wanted me to wait in the car last night while he went in and bought the things we had on the list so I wouldn't hurt my knee. He's just so kind-hearted.
3. My family. My family is like scotch tape. Even though I don't see them as often as I'd like, I always know they're there. My parents are awesome and my sister is one of my dearest friends. My aunts and uncles and cousins are the best ever!
4. My job. I chose to continue working outside the home after Steve and I married and I am on the other side now, closer to retirement than I was further away so many years ago. It's hard to believe. I love my job. The people I work with and talk with are great and the work I do is something I'm passionate about, helping other people. I won't go into the details of my duties, but they're manageable and I enjoy them as well. God really knew what He was doing when He placed me here almost 10 years ago. Of course He did. He let me rest for a little while and then He opened doors to me that I would have never thought possible.
5. The Word of God. I love it. God convicted me a few years back that as much time as I spent reading that I had never read His Word the way I devoured books. I purposed to read through it and am now on my fourth time through. Each time I read through it God deals with my heart in special ways. The first time was about the words I speak. The second time was on wisdom. The third was discretion. This time it's prayer. It's a journey I am loving. I still read books but make sure I devote as much time, if not more, to reading God's Word as well.
6. My friends. They make me laugh, keep me straight, let me be me and love me as much as I love them.
7. The Grands. I know I mentioned family already but grandchildren deserve their own special number. I have 2. Nolan is 20 months old and Liam is 8 months old. We keep them every other weekend to give Kristyn a break and our time with them is (usually) precious. Nolan is mimicking everything you say and Liam is just so content to be there doing whatever, especially if it involves watching his hands open and close or eating. Nolan is a Paw-Paw's boy, and Liam loves his Nonnie. They are both my special boys. They are true blessings to me. Watching them grow up is a privelege.
Here are the blogs I have chosen to receive this award.