Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Funnies are below but I had to share this tidbit of joy.
Uncle Jimmy Update
Here's Jimmy's status as of Thursday night:
Jimmy's status as of Thursday night:

Quick status:

"Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but to Your name give glory". Psalm 115:1

Today has been a great day. Everything looks like we will be
discharged tomorrow. We got the shot today, the fever has been kept below the magic number and we are gradually progressing to meds by mouth versus i.v. The hardest thing that we're still dealing with is mouth sores. I think they may be a little better today but they still look horrible. Jimmy was given "some" freedom today. He actually got to leave the floor. This was the first time he has even seen an elevator since last Saturday. We did some walking within the building and he got to talk to the boys without restrictions.

We took a walk to the beauty/barber shop. That was a major decision but one that had to be made. They were so very nice and supportive of what he wanted. They deal with that everyday, but it was a new experience for us. Now we just have to adjust. We got to keep some hair for now. When he wears his cap, you can't even tell. We'll know probably within two weeks if it will stay. It's so easy for me to tell him that it will grow back and that this is the least of our worries. But I also realize that until you've been there and seen it on the pillow, you don't understand. Anyway, enough about that.

We'll be heading to Magee before you know it. You better bet we'll have a mask when we hit the airport. Maybe the swine flu is getting better but you can bet we won't take any chances. See you soon!

Is God good or what? This is his first round of treatment. He will go home and recover for two weeks and head back - 3 cycles in all. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers. He can feel them!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God, that is so awesome sweetie. I love you.

Susan said...

Praise God for that report!!!!!

Saleslady371 said...

I'm praising the Lord with you! His wife sounds like a gem of gal.

Sunny Shell said...

Our awesome Father God is gracious and merciful beyond our comprehension. Can you believe that not only can we pray to Him, but that He actually listens!? I'm still in such awe of that truth! ♥

I'm so thankful for this wonderful news! Thank you SO much for the update. I'll keep praying!

Love you beautiful twin!
Sunny

Leaon Mary said...

Praise God for this report!

Wow, what you shared about the barbershop brought back alot of memories. When my Mom's hair started falling out in tufts from the treatments, she asked me to cut the rest off. It was really tough doing that to her, even though it needed to be. I saved her hair too. ;)
I'll continue praying for your Uncle Jimmy.
Yall be careful and keep those masks on.
Holykisses,
Lea

Alleluiabelle said...

Laurie Ann,

That is so wonderful! Thank you Jesus! My prayers are being said for a miraculous healing, being free from any signs of cancer in the name of Jesus Christ. This put a smile upon my face this night sweet friend. Tell your uncle we all said hello and that we love him too!

Hugs, blessings & prayers,
Alleluiabelle

ambersun said...

Yes, thank God for this progress. This must have been a very stressful time for everyone.

Also I like your dolphin stress thing - I just like dolphins actually. I think even looking at a dolphin makes me feel good. The cow just looks funny.

Amber

LAURIE said...

God is good. Praise God for His healing and His tender care. May your uncle continue to make strides to his complete healing. -love, Laurie

Mindy said...

Rejoicing with you! So glad there is some positive news. I can personally understand about the hair, as I had alopecia as a teen. It's hard, because it becomes a part of your identity and losing it makes you feel very strange. And although medically it is the least of his worries, it does matter, which is hard for some to understand. But it will grow back. When my sister lost hers while battling breast cancer, it actually came back in slightly browner and was really soft and lovely. Keeping Jimmy in our prayers.

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Laurie Ann,

I would be honored to have you join me on my site as one of my followers, if you so choose. I so enjoy coming here to get filled up with your rich teachings.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Melanie said...

So glad he is doing so well! Praise the Lord!