Tuesday, May 12, 2009



Welcome to In "Other" Words Tuesdays. This week Loni from Writing Canvas is hosting with an awesome quote!

“I learned that faith isn’t tested by how often God answers prayers with a yes but by my willingness to continue serving Him and thanking Him even when I don’t have a clue as to what He is doing.”

Gary House


I have prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed about certain situations and just don't understand God. I don't understand His timing, His actions or lack thereof, or how He thinks. I don't understand why He allows one person to live and another to die. I don't understand why some women breed like rabbits and don't want their children and others would give a limb to have one and cannot. I have no clue why bad things happen to really good people and really bad people sail through life without a care in the world.
This is what I do know.
"He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." ~ Deuteronomy 32:4 (NIV)

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." ~ Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Psalm 34:18 (NIV)

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast." ~ Psalm 36:5-6 (NIV)

God is on His throne. He is Sovereign. It's enough knowing that He is able and that He doesn't have to explain Himself to me. I trust Him because He is loving, faithful, and just.

I know that He was, is and will be forever. His ways are so holy and pure. He is beyond my comprehension yet so close that He dwells within my heart.

Whatever He does, I can be sure He acts with love and compassion.

"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD." ~ Psalm 112:7 (NIV)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Father, just because I cannot see the outcome of things, I do know You are at work. I trust You and I have faith in You. I can continue serving You and praising You as I seek to do You will in the lives of those You have blessed me to be a part of. Not having a clue as to what You are doing doesn't mean I don't trust You. I will not be moved from loving You or having faith in You. I believe every word You've given us through the Bible and cling to the promises You share. I will proclaim Your wonderful deeds and miracles and continue to ask for prayer for the things You have yet to work in or are perhaps working in and I don't see it yet. Father, open the eyes to my heart and let me see what You want me to see. Nothing more, nothing less. Most of all, help my faith continue to grow. May it never be stagnant and may it never wane. I really seem to be going through a growing spell right now and I love how close to You I'm coming. Bring me even closer, Lord, and please don't let me veer off the path. Thank You so much for Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. In His Name, Amen.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Karen said...

Wow that was good. Thanks so much.

Miriam Pauline said...

Beautiful post. There is so much that we just cannot know and understand. But the things that we do know allow us to trust those things we don't. Bless you for inspiring me today.

Melanie said...

Well said, my friend. Very well said.

Alleluiabelle said...

Laurie Ann,

That is such a beautiful prayer and one that I prayed with you, not only for you, but for me as well.

Such well written words spoke to my heart today dear friend.

Thank you.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Addicted to Beadz said...

We may understand all this one day or it may not matter then. Probably the latter.

Thanks for sharing! So glad you like your bracelet.

Love,
Cheryl

Debbie Petras said...

What a beautiful prayer, Laurie Ann. I too do not understand why certain things happen. One of the things you mentioned is "the women who can breed like rabbits and don't want their children and others would give a limb to have one and cannot". I second you on that one. But you're so right. We don't need to understand. We simply need to trust God and His perfect ways and be content in that. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

LAURIE said...

Our timing is never Gods timing. But His timing is ALWAYS better than ours. (ha) As we wait upon the Lord our strength will be renewed. Not alwasy easy though. Great post today. -Laurie

GranthamLynn said...

wow you were writing for me for sure! I need to borrow your post! Thanks for sharing your heart.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Denise said...

Beautifully said my friend.

Angela said...

amen amen amen..I prayed that prayer also...God KNEW this was what my heart needed right now. I was greatly ministered sweet sister and encouraged and blessed...

Beth in NC said...

So true sister! God's ways never seem to be MY way -- but He sees the whole picture and I do not. His timing is never mine either. But alas ... I love Him and will praise Him.

Great post!

Love,
Beth

Carolyn said...

Laurie Ann~I always appreciate your wisdom and tenderness expressed in your post. What a lovely prayer to our Lord! . . . thanks for sharing today. Praying for you and the connection :)

Susan said...

Oh Laurie,

I pray your head is MUCH better!!! I'm so sorry I'm late getting over here.

Crazy day.

Hope your connections got fixed.

Once again a great post. I loved all the scriptures you used and your prayer touched my heart so deeply.

Love you girlfriend♥

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Oh, AMEN. That was wonderful. Thank you so much!