We Turned 18 Together Today
Steve and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary today. It hardly seems like it's been so many years since the day we said our vows. I love him more than I did back then and probably slightly less than I will tomorrow. My love for him continues to grow. He is a wonderful man!
We were talking on our way back from our overnight get-a-way about how yesterday we were leaving on our trip for our honeymoon with a crying 6 year old girl who didn't understand why she couldn't go with us and now we have grandchildren. My, how time has flown!
Laurie Ann's Secrets to a Long and Happy Marriage
- Let the man be the man.
- Healthy communication is a must.
- Don't go to bed angry or even argue in your bedroom. Let it be a place of peace.
- Don't run at the first sign of trouble.
- Agree to disagree sometimes. You don't have to win every disagreement.
- Pray pray pray for your spouse.
- Don't share your marital woes with family and expect them to see your spouse and bonus child the same way again. Blood does seem to be thicker than water and objectivity is hard to maintain. If you are in the throws of serious woes find a counselor!
- Kiss and hug at least once a day, preferably more than that!
- Never part ways without saying, "Good-bye" and "I love you."
What are some tips you can add to that? I'm always looking for ways to improve on what seems to be the best of marriages right now!