Saturday, May 23, 2009

Meeting Up with Friends

Friday was a great day! I have looked forward to it for a long time and it finally arrived. Time for a road trip! We all know I love a good road trip. If you didn't know that, now you do. I love road trips!
I got to meet to of my bloggy sisters for lunch! Laurie, from Women Taking a Stand, and Jennifer, at Through the Storms of Life, and I met halfway. We each drove 2 hours and had lunch at McAlister's in Grenada, MS. It was AWESOME! We had a great time chatting and fellowshipping together for over 2.5 hours, and even had the opportunity to pray together twice, once while blessing the food and once before we left. Prayer meeting at McAlister's with friends, does it get ANY better?! The four hours total on the road were worth it. I got to see alot of God's beautiful creation along the way. The trees were so pretty this time of the year and the smell of fresh cut grass along the way was nice, too. They were mowing in some spots on the interstate.
Here are some shots. Maybe if you click on the first one, it will be bigger. If not, friend me on facebook and you can see...

Laurie, Jennifer and Laurie Ann




Laurie A.


Jennifer and Laurie



Laurie Ann and Jennifer




Laurie Ann and Laurie

These ladies are women after God's own heart, ya'll. If you ever have the opportunity to meet them, don't miss it.




Photobucket

13 comments:

LAURIE said...

You are as sweet in person as you are online!!! I hope to see you again real soon, love Laurie

bp said...

Sounds like a fun time of fellowship! It is neat to hear of blog friends meeting up (and I enjoy the pictures to go along with it too!).

Hope you're having a nice rest of the weeken!

Tracy said...

Wow! What a joy! I have yet to meet any blogging friends in person...but I would LOVE to. Thanks for sharing this sweet time together with us. = ) I'm happy for you guys!

Denise said...

Such a blessing to meet each other, thanks for sharing sweetie.

Melanie said...

Oh, what a fun time it looks like you had... love the pictures! I bet it was such a blessing to be able to meet and enjoy time together. I hope to do the same one of these days.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so jealous. I love Jennifer. How cool that you all got to meet. What a glorious time you must have had. So cool! I don't know the other Laurie. But i am sure she is awesome too.

Angela said...

How absolutely exciting to meet face to face like that, have fellowship with one another and share the love of Christ Jesus...such sisterhood!!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I know I shouldn't be envious but what a fun and memorable time! Have a great weekend, sweet lady!

Beth in NC said...

Ok, jealousy is not a fruit of the Spirit -- ha, but I love both of those women. They are so sweet.

I know you ladies had an AWESOME time! That Jennifer -- she LOVES to drive. I'm surprised she didn't bring Dorinda with her. :o)

The pictures are great!

Daughter of Wisdom said...

I am glad you had a great time. Thanks for the sweet posting on my blog.

Rocks said...

*jealous* I hope I can go meet with the women of God here in the blogosphere too someday :)

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

I can see that you all enjoy eachother.

I mention you overhere Laurie-Ann
http://myjourney-godsown.blogspot.com/2009/05/blogger-appreciation-week.html

Blessings

Marsha said...

What a precious time the three of you must've had - truly in the presence of the Lord!

Have a blessed week, my friend.

Thank you for praying for my family and I over the past month and 1/2. It has definitely been challenging times.