Monday, May 04, 2009



Chelsey, our hostess, writes, "So.... today is an opportunity to talk about "you" and who you are. Share anything you want. If you'd like you can even share pictures and/or video. Give us a glimpse into your life and let's take our "community" to the next level today."
Here are a few things about me, as if you didn't learn enough Friday.
1. I love being a Christian.
2. I am totally in love with God's Word.
3. I love teaching other women what I have learned from God's Word.
4. I am not ashamed of being a Christian.
5. I try not to be judgemental but I fail sometimes.
6. My husband rocks. He is so handsome and loves me so much. He treats me better than I deserve and I love being his wife. He is very handy around the house and I admire that trait in him. He can do anything he sets his mind to. He's very compassionate and loves his family so much. He is a great father to Kristyn and Paw Paw to the boys.
7. When I married I had an instant family. Steve had custody of his daughter, Kristyn, who was 6 at the time. She lived with us and visited her Mom mostly every other weekend and sometimes longer during holidays starting about age 8. Tabitha, Kristyn's mother, is a strong woman of faith and is a great mother. I feel priveleged to be a bonus mom to Kristyn and truly enjoyed having a hand in raising her.
8. I love my son-in-love, Corey. He is a great husband and father and a hard worker.
9. I love my grandsons Nolan and Liam. Nolie is 19 months and Li Li is 7 months. They are quite the handful but nothing beats cuddling and snuggling with them. I don't even mind having strained broccoli sneezed on me. We laugh like there's no tomorrow with those boys.
10. I never thought my heart could be so full of love for my family. Just when I think it's full, something makes it expand.
11. I have three chronic illnesses. I have been treated for depression since I was 9 years old. I am still being treated today and it is under control. I also have IBS and fibromyalgia. I wish I could say they were under control. The first one is for the most part. The second one seems to be controlled dominately by the weather and stress or fatigue.
12. I work outside the home. I love my job. I begin my 20th year in October and should be about 44 when I can retire. I hope not to retire until I am 50. That being said, I think things would have been best if I had stopped working when Steve and I married so I could have been there for Kristyn after school and during holidays. I'm not knocking day cares, but I just wish I had been there to work with her more so she would have spent less time watching television and we could have had more time on homework, practical life, etc.
13. I need a refill on my coffee.
14. I learned alot about forgiveness from my grandmother. I recently put what she shared with me a year before she had Alzheimer's into practice a couple of weeks ago.
15. I don't consider myself a superstitious person, but please don't open an umbrella in the house, walk under a ladder or sing at the table around me. Broken mirrors do not bother me, nor do black cats crossing my path, but the others do. I don't know why.
16. I am an avid reader. I love to read. I could read for hours at a time if I had the chance.

17. I have a toy poodle named Wilson. He was named after the ball on Castaway because he helped us through a really hard time after we lost Copper, our ten year old toy poodle. Wilson is 4 years old now and is a mess. He is so quirky and funny.

18. My uncle has had several reoccurences of malignant melanoma and is currently being treated at M. D. Anderson for this bout. He's doing great! The last update sounded good. Susan wrote: "We've had a good day. Dr. Kim came by to see us this morning. He was well-pleased with our night also. "So far, so good", he said. They had talked to us a good bit yesterday about Jimmy trying to get up and move around some today. They want him to keep his strength. Well, you know that determination we've talked about. We were able to walk three different times today. He can't leave the floor, so we made 5 laps around the nurses station each time and walked down the hall several times. The nausea and fever have been under control today and no chills since this morning. The only thing that is happening right now is some swelling/puffiness due to fluid retention and his skin is turning red. We were expecting it though so it's not a shock. Hopefully this will go down before we return home. One of the drugs is causing both of these effects and we'll be finished with it Tuesday. Please continue to pray specifically that these drugs will work with Jimmy's body. I'll leave you with one of the most encouraging statements that we've heard today. When the doctor was leaving the room Jimmy told him that he was ready to whip this. He looked back at Jimmy with clear confidence, pointed his finger and said, "Yes, we are!" God uses these doctors to do the research and give the medicines but He heals the bodies."

19. My verse for the year is Colossians 4:2 - "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

20. My little sister is a mother now. Baby Ethan was born last August and is just as cute as he can be. I don't get to see them as much as I'd like but Jenn and I talk on the phone almost every day.

21. My Momma and Daddy are awesome. I love them both so much.

22. I am terrified of elephants.

23. I am a middle child, I love sweet tea, I am from and live in Mississippi, I never went to college, my favorite subject was English Lit, I love to write, I enjoy watching NCIS, I like Law & Order, too, I enjoy listening to Christian music and podcasts on my iPod, and I love good quotes.

24. Oh! My best friend is like a sister to me. When she came to the hospital when Daddy had his pacemaker done he said, "All my girls are here." That was me, Momma, my sister, and Harriett. Daddy asks after her all the time. She was out last week and he was concerned about her. He works part-time on contract (back from retirement) and missed seeing her.

25. Anything else you'd like to know, ask. I'm pretty much an open book!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Raye Ann said...

Laurie Ann,

I never knew you had such health issues. Wow. You are such a beautiful person, and I am really enjoying this chance to get to know you just a little bit better.
Love Ya Sweetie
Blessings

Jennifer said...

I love getting to know you more and more! You are so funny and I am going to read your Laurie Ann-ology next :-)

I walk under ladders all the time because it is shorter than walking around them and don't sing at the table because I can't sing. lol

The elephants is funny to me for some reason. Where did that fear come from?

I promise I won't open an umbrella in the restaurant on the 22nd :-)

Have a great day, my friend!

((hugs))

Lisa said...

It is so nice to get to know you better. You love of Jesus and the Word always shines through you posts. All the other details were great a filling in the picture of Laurie!

Thanks!

Jennifer said...

OMGosh! I just read your comment you let me! Ok, elephants are funny anymore. That would have scared the snot out of me too! I can fully understand your fear now!!!

Bless your heart!

LOTS OF ((HUGS))!

Amydeanne said...

i loved reading more about you too!

Debbie Petras said...

I love getting to know you better! So you're also a middle child; me too. NCIS and Law & Order are great, love coffee too. My hubby has had two bouts of melanoma. I can see you loving your family and being a good mom. And I've told you this before; you have a calling as a teacher of the Word. You rock!!!!!

You know I've been looking at this Women at the Well thing and I think I may want to also get involved. I've found that the Lord has brought many younger gals into my life through my blog and life. And I love to be available to them as an older woman who has experienced much in my life. Maybe they can avoid some of the mistakes I've made. :)

Denise said...

I love you dearly, and keep you in my prayers my friend.

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie Ann...and to think, I was going to pass on making it a point to visit today because I thought...oh, she's doing
"Gathering at the Well"! Needless to say, I'm so glad I followed the prompting of the HS and meandered over here. How could I miss out of having you sum up "getting to know you" in 24 points. Now I'm pondering a question to ask you!!!

hmmmmm...

hmmmmmmmmmm....

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Nope can't think of one!!!

ohhh yes I can...? Nope...wrong! You did one with LauraLee I believe
I was going to ask about your testimony but I think I read yours here before it appeared there. I erased my question because I was asking if you have a post that gives your written testimony! I was
just wondering if you had "a moment" of surrender & I looked on your sidebar...and I did not see any noted...course most non-Christians would not know to open Testimony...but My Story...so here's my question and I want you to take a post to teach us this:
(if you will) How do you do those
WORD STUDY of a Bible verse? where you get the Greek or Hebrew & then dissect us...walk us through one like say my memory verse:John 8:12.
I've looked up sources when I'm reading yours to try and check &
you seem to have a way!!! I plan on trying one this Friday in a new deal I want to do on Fridays...
FOCUS for Friday! Help! Also ACROSTICS would be nice also...how you come up with a verse for each letter...now of course, you don't want to reveal your secret trade but a lesson would be nice!!!

Have you taken a Spiritual Gift Inventory? What gifts do you manifest? I know that you are gifted in various ones just want to see!

You must be the most honest person, because I think in all the posts I've read this past year, that you have shared all of the points here except what you answered on Jennifer's...but I believe above all else you have shown us your heart. It is full & beautiful & loves the LORD & family & friends!
You are priceless & precious!
Thanks for sharing! ohhh and you don't really have to post on how you study the WORD! (lol)(hugs)

Leisha said...

Laurie Ann,
I have a confession to make I have been lurking on your blog for a little over a week now ;-) I have been soaking it in I guess you could say.....thank you for the richness of your posts - they are most certainly meat and potato servings!! I wanted to Thank You also for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your kind words.
I do have a question - I am not familiar with the singing at the table thing - can you fill me in ;) I am so glad I found The Well and through it your blog!!
I love the story behind how you named Wilson....thanks for being an open book - those are the best kind;-)
I certainly look forward to getting to know you more.....
Blessings,
Leisha

He & Me + 3 said...

That was so fun gettting to know you.

Saleslady371 said...

What good news from Susan! That's encouraging. I'm a middle child, too. Your husband is a keeper, girl. Wow, a guy who can fix anything.

Love Ya! Have a great evening.

June said...

i enjoyed getting to know you better. I am just today getting a chance to respond to comments. I have had a scare with some kind of wellit was not swine flu...thank God, but it put me under the weather for a few days.

I would like to know how you cut and paste on your blog. I know how to do it on my regular mail, but I am having some challenges with my blog. May be my software, I do not know.

I loved how you walked us through how you do word studies, and would like to print it out, but when I highlight it it copies all of your post. How do I do this.

June