- What challenges do you face in remaining content?
- How do you remain content in joy and in times of trouble?
- What's the secret?
- Who's the secret?
- Is it us or Jesus?
- How do you define contentment?
- Is it a feeling or a state of being?
- Is it based on the state of your heart and mind or is it based on where your heart is focused?
1) sufficient for one's self, strong enough or processing enough to need no aid or support
The Greek word for strength is endynamoō. This verb means:
1) to be strong, endue with strength, strengthen
2) to receive strength, be strengthened, increase in strength
3) in a bad sense
a) be bold, headstrong
No matter what our circumstances are, let's learn with the apostle Paul to be content whatever the situation. Let's take a stand and decide today that we will not let anxiety or emotion keep us in the pit. Let's rest in the knowledge that with God on our side, the victory is won and there is hope for a better tomorrow.
Questions for Reflection: Are you willing to choose to be content despite the externals around you? Where does your source of contentment come from?