Friday, May 01, 2009


Welcome to Friday Funnies hosted by our dear funny friend, Kim, at Homesteader's Heart. I usually just do a joke or four for Friday Funnies but I decided to post this since I had invested so much time in it. I really had fun with this thingy deal. Not sure you could call it a meme. Maybe a bulletin or something?
The Truth About Laurie Ann-ology

I snagged this from my sweet friend Jennifer's blog at Through the Storms of Life. Get to know me better by reading down through here. Also, pay a visit to Jennifer's blog.
**********FOODOLOGY***************
What is your salad dressing of choice?
I alternate between Ranch and French. Variety is da spice of life, er, salads.

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Bonsai (Japanese restaurant)

What food could you eat everyday for two weeks and not get sick of?
Shrimp

What are your pizza toppings of choice?

Cheese, pepperoni, bell pepper, pretty much everything except hamburger, sausage or anchovies

What do you like to put on your toast?
Butter and Grape Jelly

***********TECHNOLOGY***************

How many televisions are in your house?
Four - and Steve and I have an empty nest, LOL! The kids watch the one in the sitting room when they're over and the one in the pool room only gets turned on when Steve and the guys are playing pool. Excuse me, shooting pool. You do not play pool unless you are a girl.

What color cell phone do you have?
Pink

Do you have an Ipod?
I do. It's a silver nano. I love it. It's handy dandy for long trips. I love to listen to podcasts and Christian music on it.

***************BIOLOGY******************

Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right, but I am semi-ambidextrious (sp?)
Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Gall bladder, uterus, cysts, and tumor
What is the last heavy item you lifted?
I can't remember. I have a back that goes out if I lift a gallon of milk the wrong way so I'm treated like a Princess when heavy objects are being moved.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Not that I recall.

************DUMBOLOGY******************

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
One. One pair, not one flip flop because that would just be wrong. I only wear them to the pool. Da toes must be burka'ed! I have an aversion to my own bare feet.

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
Saw Daddy today.

Last person you talked to?
My husband Steve

Last person you hugged?
My Dad

**************FAVORITOLOGY****************
Season?
Cold. We don't have seasons in Mississippi. I like it 65 or below.
Holiday?
Flag Day. Seriously, Christmas!

Day of the week?
Wednesday and Thursday. I'm a fan of Friday's, too, and the weekend's rock. I should say every day, hmmm?

Month?
December
***********CURRENTOLOGY*****************

Missing someone?
My friends Harriett and Lynda.

Mood?
I'm not sleepy and it's way past my bedtime.

What are you listening to?
Me pecking on the keyboard and the ceiling fan. Oh, there goes Wilson. He's minding someone else's business...he loves to bark at the walkers at night.

Watching?
Words appear like magic on the screen. Fascinating.

Worrying about?
I'm a little concerned about Jimmy. (See Thankful Thursday post below.) I know that he's in God's hands but I'm a little worried about what side effects he might have from the treatments and what the future holds for Susan and the boys. There, I said it. I trust that God will provide but I'm worried. I'm not a worrier by nature and my faith is as big as the sky but I doubt I'll stop worrying completely until I get to Heaven, you know? It's nothing that some prayer won't cure. There. I feel better already. I could go back and erase this and say nothing but I'm just keeping it real.

***************RANDOMOLOGY*****************

First place you went this morning?
Oh my stars! After the potty I went to the den to let Wilson out the back door!

What's the last movie you saw?
Knowing - if it had been biblically based it would have been awesome! As it was, there was some biblical connotations; however, it didn't follow through and it would mess with a new believer's mind if they thought it was a biblical movie. It's think it's not for children, even though a child co-starred with Nicolas Cage. My money would have been better spent buying a book. I did enjoy date night with Steve and movie theater popcorn is soooooooo good!

Do you smile often?
You would think. I am a happy person! So happy I should have a Joel Osteenish smile...yet sometimes I get so deep in thought people remind me to smile.

Sleeping Alone Tonight?
I'm sure my huband and Wison and Wilson's 2 bears will be in the bed.

***************OTHER-OLOGY*****************
1) Do you always answer your phone?
If I am not in a meeting. Oh, and I won't answer it if I'm talking with someone, although I will look at it briefly to make sure it's not Steve, one of my parents or my bonus daughter. They get a quick call back if it's one of them. Sometimes I don't hear it ring. So in a word, "No."

2) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Probably the guy from Nigeria telling me I have won 4 million dollars if I will give him my information, bwaahahahahahaha! Seriously, no one I know is up that early unless they have a sick young 'un.

3) If you could change your eye color what would it be?
My eyes are green but I'd go with white just to freak people out. No, seriously. I'd go with blue?

3b) If you could change your hair color, what color would you change it to?
Blonde. I am so dark headed, ya'll. It would be a big difference!

4) What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
I don't add flavors to drinks. They are fine just like they are to me. I always order a sweet tea from Sonic. What am I going to add to that? Lemon? LOL! I crack myself up. I don't like lemons unless I have washed and cut them up myself or know the person who has. Restaraunt lemons are just nasty. And I just called Sonic a restaurant! I really am a hoot.

5) Do you own a digital camera?
Yes, but I use it about as often as I remember to Twitter.

6) Have you ever had a pet fish?
Yes. His name was Blue. He was a Beta. Guess what color?
7) Favorite Christmas song(s)?
O Holy Night by.....oh, it's on my iPod...John....Berry? It's such a pretty song and captures the essence of what Christmas is, ya know?
8) What's on your wish list for your birthday?
Nothing this year. I'll be 39. Books or a nice meal out will do. Next year I'd like a Mother's ring with the kids and grandkids and husband's birthstones on it.
9) Can you do a push up?
Absolutely......NOT!

10) Can you do a chin up?
Nurp!
11) Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Excited! Jesus is coming back, ya'll, and we are going to Heaven!!!!!!!!
12) Do you have any saved texts?
They are all lost as a goose and going to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Seriously, probably but not on purpose. I save emails but not texts.

13) Ever been in a car wreck?
A time or three.

14) Do you have an accent?
Dahlin, we have our own dialect here in the South.

15) What is the last song to make you cry?
I Will Lift My Eyes by Bebo Norman

16) Plans tonight?
I watched NCIS, ate a sandwich from McAlister's, spent time with Steve, have been on the computer forever and am fixing to go read. I have a slow computer. I am in desperate need of a new laptop. Any recommendations for one that won't slow me down working with graphics?

17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Three times, but God pulled me up every time!
18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Whatever I had for supper last night....oh, Fried Rice. And sweet tea. And soy sauce, unless that was free and I paid for the fortune cookie.
19) Have you ever been given roses?
Yes, but I prefer books or dinner out. Achoo! Bless me. Hint hint.
20) Current worry?
None...see above.
.
21) Current hate right now?
Elephants. Other than that I'm good. I have no hates.

22) Met someone who changed your life?
Yes. Many people have had an impact on my life. None like my Savior, Jesus, though.

23) How did you bring in the New Year?
Does it matter? ARRRGH! It's this slow computer. Let me see if I can remember back.....we watched Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve thing and I think I was reading at midnight while Steve slept or I might have been in the bed already asleep. We weren't at a party like we were the year before. We just stayed home and hung out together. We loved it.

24) What song represents you?
I have no idea! I love praise songs and hymns to Jesus. Perhaps Amazing Grace (my Chains Are Gone) by Chris Tomlin?
26) Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Naw. Every moment of my life has brought me to where I am today. I'm sure if I went back in time to last Wednesday to right before Daddy drove a nail in his arm that I wouldn't have messed up the cosmos too badly. He has an infection now and I would just love to be there about a minute before and say, "Daddy, don't you do it! Watch that nail!"

27) Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
Oh yes.

28) Do you have any tattoos/piercings?
Ears are double pierced but I let the second set grow up. I also have two tattoos on the inside of my wrists. One is a dove with an olive branch, one is a lightning bolt. Guess which one I regret? Well, really I wish I hadn't gotten either of them done.

29) Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now?
Um, like, totally! Seriously, I better be. We have invested nearly 18 years in our marriage. I also have some great relationships with friends and co-workers, too, if that's what you're talking about.

30) Does anyone love you?
I am well loved.
31) Would you be a pirate?
Only if I got to wear a patch over my eye and get one of those cute birds on my shoulder. Oh, and a peg for a leg. Oh, and not if I had to do illegal thing. Pillaging and kidnapping is just wrong. If not, no way, no how!
32) What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower. I am not in there to sing, I am in there to bathe and get out.

33) Ever had someone sing to you?
Yes. It's kind of embarrassing!
34) When did you last cry?
This morning. I was thinking about Susan being by herself with Jimmy at MDA and it made me sad.

36) Do you like to cuddle?
Ya'll, I love to cuddle with Steve but absolutely LOVE to snuggle with my Grands. They are so cuddly and sweet, especially when they are sleepy.

37) Have you held hands with anyone today?
Naw.

38) Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Nolie Polie Mifferton and his brudder Fish, my 19 month old and 7 month old grandsons, who are actually named Nolan and Liam. Wait. I think I just lied. That was Easter. I took pictures of Daddy's arm and texted them to Jennifer since she couldn't be at the hospital last week.

39) What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
I can't remember that far back. Did we have music then? Probably whatever my parents listened to. I remember belting out Delta Dawn what's that flower you've got on and something about a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sigh. I am so old.
40) Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
New-ish.

41) Do you like pulpy orange juice?
I like oj but it doesn't like me. It feels like it burns a hole in my tummy.

42) What is something your friends make fun of you for?
Oskar, da nekkid cat. I email him to my buds with serious subject lines randomly so they have no idea he's coming to visit.

Sometimes I flauntr him and dress him up or do a quote at the bottom. They love it but they act grossed out. He is kind of perverse if you think about it. Thank you, Lynda, for introducting Oskar and me. We love each other!


43) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Right down to the hour so I could plan, ya'll! I just wouldn't want to know how unless it didn't involve pain. Have you ever been with someone as they are dying? I have. It's quite the privelege to be in the presence of God. Very humbling and holy. I miss Todd but he's waiting in Heaven for us!

44) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Erkel. Because who doesn't want to be that smart? And what a conversation starter!

45) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
There is not enough money in the world to cause me to do myself that much bodily harm. Seriously. I would decline it (and ask if Steve could do it. He'd do it. He loves hot sauce and it wouldn't kill him like it would me. And we could use the money. For more books. And English lessons so I don't write in sentence fragments and can learn more about acrostics. And a bassett hound named Molly. Or Beulah. That's a cute name for a dog. But this is about hot sauce. Or flip-flops. I can't remember which.)

Let others know a little more about yourself, re-post this as your name followed by "ology". Be sure to leave me a comment saying you played along so I can get to know you more.

Spread some Funny by linking up with Kim at Homesteader's Heart. You don't have to do one this long, usually I just do a joke or four, but I got carried away and thought this was fun!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Denise said...

I loved this, lol

He & Me + 3 said...

some of those were so funny. I am glad you own 2 flip flops but only one pair. LOl
Oskar is a little crazy looking. huh?
Fun getting to know you better.

Jennsmere said...

That is one nekked cat!!!

Thanks for the smiles, Laurie Ann!!! AND if you did get a text at 4am, it would probably be from me...I'm the only one I know who is up at that hour!!

Bless you,
Susan

Tracy said...

I enjoyed reading your fun and clever answers. = )

Thank you for your encouraging words to me. = )

I'm praying for Jimmy and Susan (and their boys)...

Blessings,
Tracy

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh girl I think I know WAY to much about you now! LOL. Just kidding. That was great. I may have to try that. Hugs and Happy Friday sweet friend.

Susan said...

Hey, this was fun Laurie Ann!!

Now that cat, oh my!!!!!!!!!!

Have a blessed day♥

Darlene said...

Wow...this looks like fun and work! LOL I enjoyed reading all about you!
Have a FABULOUS Friday!

Amydeanne said...

nice to get to know you a little better!

LAURIE said...

Laurie Ann,
How INTERESTING to read this list. You are hilarious!! and WHAT is that picture of???? Tell me IT will not come along on our lunch date???? (lol) Happy Friday to you!

Saleslady371 said...

Thank you, dear Laurie Ann, for taking the time to do this. I know I've told you before, but I love the serious teacher side as much as the fun-loving down-to-earth Laurie Ann. I'm blessed to know you and now I really feel like I know you better!
Have a wonderful weekend, sweet one.

Alleluiabelle said...

You had me chuckling through this Laurie Ann...and the cat, tears were rolling down my cheeks when I came to that picture. You are so funny, personable, and witty as well as so much more as I get inspired, encouraged and uplifted when I come here to get filled and taught too.

I just love you.
Alleluiabelle

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Loved learning more about you, Laurie!

Lol on the naked cat! YIKES!

Jennifer said...

I love the white eyes...that would be so cool! They make contacts like that around Halloween. lol

Roger adds peach to his sweet tea at Sonic. Uck!

This was fun and I can't wait to meet face to face. Didn't we decide the last time we tried this to do 11ish in Grenada? Text me later and we will figure it out.

((hugs))