Friday, June 27, 2008

Date Night

We had "date night" tonight. Date night can mean anything from going to Baskin Robbins for ice-cream to going to dinner and a movie. It could be a drive down the Natchez Trace. We don't have a set thing we do.


Tonight was an impromptu thing. Steve knew I didn't feel like cooking (achoo! I am still down with a cold), so he asked me if I felt like going for a bite to eat at Mellow Mushroom, and to Borders, right beside it, and maybe pick up something to read. Hmmm...let me think about that (for half a second) "YES!"



Mellow Mushroom is a nice place. They do pizza, hoagies, etc. It's kind of a throwback to the 60's/70's theme as far as decorations go. We haven't been in forever (over a year, I think?), and if someone else is going to cook & clean, I'm all for that! We both ordered the Mushroom Club, which was divine. I don't do lettuce, tomato or sprouts, so they were kind and left those off my order. Their sweet tea is *really* good, too. The good chat over dinner was really nice. Somehow we got on the subject of flatbread. Do you know how much there really is to say about that? Apparently a lot, because we talked about it for a while. Yeah, we're that crazy.


Borders, Borders, Borders. Put me in a bookstore and I am in Heaven. I bought a copy of The Shack, by William P. Young. I've been hearing a lot about it lately (today, especially) and it just seemed to be the book for me. As always, I had to buy a bookmark, too. I chose a "Book Rug" design.








This Date Night was really good. My husband is dreamy for doing this for me. He's the man! He's also already sacked out. I think the combo of a busy day plus a full meal wore him out! Off to start the book....


4 comments:

Denise said...

Greetings and it is so nice to meet you...... thanks for coming by my TT post........ Your date night sounds so nice..... Me and my DH needs a date night... I think we are planning on in a week or so....... I am about 1/2 way through The Shack and I can tell you that I have cried and laughed and studies and re-read...... I pray that it inspires you as it has me........

I love you blog and will be back off and one....

I pray that the Father give you joy this Saturday....... Laughter if of God...... I just know it is...

Tracy said...

Sounds dreamy, indeed! I love date nights like that. I too have been reading alot about The Shack and had thought about picking it up this weekend (with my Borders coupon!)

Hope your cold moves along quickly...

Blessings,
Tracy

Melanie said...

Oooh... love date night. Please tell us how you like the book when you've finished reading. I've been hearing alot about it, too, and am anxious to check it out myself.

Have a terrific week!

Anonymous said...

We have a date night every Friday night and we were very close to you guys Friday night. We went to Logan's to eat :) I have to admit I love Mellow Mushroom! Sometimes a few of us will go there after work and talk for hours!

I also love Borders! I went there before we went on vacation to pick up another Sweet Potatoe Queen Book. I love Jill Conner Browne and wanted something fun to read while we were gone.

Glad you guys had a fun date :)