Wednesday, June 25, 2008



"Then Moses said to Him, 'If Your Presence does not go up
with us, do not send us up from here.'"
Exodus 33:15

Moses knew things. He knew if God's presence didn't go with him as he led the Israelites through the wilderness, whether they were driving out the inhabitants of the Promised Land, building the Tabernacle God had given specific instructions for, or just picking up and moving camp from one place to another, they were in trouble!


After the children of Israel left Egypt, God gave them a visual symbol of His presence through a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. When the cloud moved, the people moved. When the cloud stayed, the people stayed. Day or night they knew that God was there. They traveled and set up camp under the presence of the Almighty God.


While God doesn't give us a visual symbol quite as obvious as a cloud, He does dwell in our hearts.


Like Moses, there is nowhere I want to go if the Lord isn't going with me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if God is not in a situation I am going into, I'm doomed. I simply cannot imagine facing crisis without Him, and I long to share my joys with Him.


Do I give Him the space He needs in my heart? I pray I never crowd Him out with the things of this world.


Do I feel His presence daily? Admittedly, sometimes closer than at other times.


What should be my response?


~ Be more focused on godly things - I should never allow things that aren't true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy, to crowd my heart to where I don't feel God's presence as closely as I should. Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."


~ Stay focused on God's Word. The more I read His Word, the more aware I am of His presence in my life. Psalm 1:2, "But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night."


~ Stay connected with God throughout the day in prayer. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 - "Pray without ceasing." James 4:8 - "Come near to God and he will come near to you..."


~ Keep a short-timed account of my sins to God. When I sin, I need to 'fess up and ask forgiveness, and a pure heart. (1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."


Heart to Heart - Has there been a time in your life you felt God's presence so closely it just made you gasp? Has there been a time in your life you missed the nearness of God?


Heart Reflections - Claim Moses' prayer as your own. Be that child clinging to God's leg, going where He goes rather than going off and leaving Him to pursue things that are less than noble.

Visit WFW's host at http://the160acrewoods.wordpress.com/ for more WFW's.

15 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

You did a fabulous job with photo and the verses. This is how we should live. I pray that I'm in the center of His will at ALL times.

Thanks for visiting and your kind words. We'll know before long what the new treatment plan will be.

Happy WFW
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Fantastic...those are inspiring, Godly words that we need to all remember each day!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Love that photo. That is really a memorable graphic.

Tracy said...

Wow! Such a great photo for such a powerful verse. Like you, I claim the prayer of Moses! I don't want to go anywhere apart from my Lord's will! = ) Thanks for sharing (and thanks for your kind comment yesterday).

Blessings kind friend,
Tracy

Leaon Mary said...

Wow... that sure got me to thinking! Thanks for such a powerful photo and verse. I too want to be right in the center of His will.
Lea
<*)))><

Anonymous said...

Encouraging thoughts you've shared with us today Laurie Ann. I love the image that you shared with this verse. Blessings.

Melanie said...

This is a great verse...I need to carry this with me and claim for me.

Have a great day!

Alexis said...

Incredible photo! It really is striking, and the verse is very meaningful. I enjoyed the words you had to say this morning (is it still morning??)

sharon brobst said...

Laurie Ann this was just wonderful! It is so much my prayer, my desire. I never want to be anywhere, doing anything unless God first speaks it...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Denise said...

Thanks for always sharing such lovely scriptures.

Anonymous said...

I really like that picture and the verses are terrific. I enjoyed your post. :)

Thanks for visiting Six Short of a Dozen, too. :)

Anonymous said...

wow Laurie! where did you find that picture? it's totally cool! and what a post! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Got you on the blog roll now! :)
I'm thrilled you're enjoying it! God's really using it and i'm so glad. It really brightens my week to see so many wonderful ladies praising God through it!

Jenelle said...

What a cool picture!