Wednesday, June 18, 2008



To visit more Word-filled Wednesdays, visit 160AcreWoods.




Romans 7:19-20 "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

Oh, ARRRGGH! Like Paul, I find that what I don't want to do is the very thing I find myself doing. Through reading God's Word, I have discovered that there is forgiveness, though. I don't have to stay down low with my eyes covered, thinking, "Lord, please don't look at me!" Paul knows we aren't perfect. I'm so glad he admitted his struggles and that he diagnosed the problem. It's all about the sin that remains in our fleshly bodies.

The promise of 1 John 1:9 is comforting, though.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

When we say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing or even think the wrong thing, we can confess it to our precious Savior and He will purify us from all unrighteousness. We are washed "all clean". We can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and try our hardest not to go down that path of sin again.

Are we blessed with a loving God or what? Dive into His Word. Find the promises of love and mercy He has for you. Ask Him if there is anything in your life you need His forgiveness on and He will reveal it to you and wash you white as snow.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love that photo to go with these verses. Ain't it the truth. Embarrasses me too just like that bear when I catch my sinful nature storming in...

~Amy~ said...

thanks for dropping by my blog. Love yours too. Great WFW this week. sometimes i feel just like the bear too. Praise God for his forgiveness.

Tracy said...

LOVE that picture! I can identify with that bear! You are so right...praise God He is so endlessly patient with us. Praising Him!
Tracy

Joyfull said...

What a beautiful post. I can so relate! But I John 1:9 is one of my favorite reminders of God's grace. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, I love this sweetie.

Melanie said...

YES.. we are blessed with a loving God!

Great picture for this scripture. It made me smile! :)

Sheila said...

HA! That was mine verse last week! The picture is perfect...AAAR is right! It's my comfort to know that Jesus saves me out of my wretchedness!

have a great rest of your week!
sheila

Tricia said...

What a wonderful reminder of the forgiveness we have with our Lord! And I love the picture with that verse, too cute!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great WFW!

Alex said...

Its only by the grace of God! Love the picture & verses! Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

that picture speaks volumns to me with that verse!!!

Katie said...

Oh, for the Grace of God.....what a blessing your post is today!