Monday, June 16, 2008




Visit http://www.internetcafedevotions.com/ for more Cafe' Chat...




I'm late. Why? I spent Father's Day with my dear husband and really wasn't online very much at all to speak of. Better late than never (in most cases), though.

The topic was:

What is one of your favorite attributes of God, and why? As individuals we all have unique qualities. It would make sense then that for each of us our FAVORITE attribute of God would be different. Some attributes to ponder would include:

MERCY
WISDOM
SOVEREIGNTY
HOLINESS
FAITHFULNESS

Lately, I have been praising God for His holiness and sovereignty. I love how throughout the Old Testament God reminds us of these attributes. The Ten Commandments, the exact design for the Tabernacle and the articles that went in it, the Ark of the Covenant, oh, I could go on and on....

He alone is the Most High God. He alone is worthy of praise and adoration. He alone is worthy of worship and devotion. There is no other God but He.

God alone has absolute dominon and power over us. We are ruled by the King of kings and Lord of lords. We follow respect and defer to the law of the country we live in, but we adhere closely to God's law and instructions.

I love this passage from Revelation 15. It sums up what I'm so inadequately trying to say...

"...and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really great attribute! I love that and that is so true!

Maisie said...

I like that you mentioned the Old Testament. I've spent most of my Bible time, as a Christian, focusing on the New Testament. However, this year, I've started studying the OT and I've learned so much about God. Those stories are amazing and filled with so many important lessons for us, too.

Peculiar said...

I chose God's Holiness too, for my post. I really enjoyed reading another of your posts. Thanks for sharing your words and wisdom.

Lily said...

Sovereignty is not something that you hear about much on Sunday mornings, or even in conversations with other believers, but I think this is such a big part of who God is. I too, like Maisie, spent so much time in the NT, that I had missed out on the lessons He wanted to teach me from the OT, such as His holiness and sovereignty.