Friday, January 16, 2009

Awards Day

From Denise

Sweet, sweet Denise from Shortybear's Place has gifted me with a precious award.

The
Emblem of the Helping Hand award created by Sojourner's Place as a symbol of help, support, and encouragement to up, and coming bloggers and appreciation, for those who mentor those new to the blogosphere.

Thank you dear Denise
for passing this award on to me. I love you so much and you've been a true blessing to me. I am so glad our paths have crossed here in the blogosphere. You are a true example of patience, contentment, encouragement, love, inspiration and a shining light for Christ. You lift me up more than you know, my friend!

I encourage everyone to visit Denise's blog. Her love for Jesus just shines through each post. She trusts God completely and despite her sickness has such a wonderful attitude. Another thing I admire about Denise is that her love for her husband is so evident, as is his love for her. Denise is so faithful to exhort him and sing his praises. She is so faithful in commenting on so many blogs, lifting so many of us up and extending that helping hand of encouragement and inspiration.

As with most awards, there are rules attached. I'm going to follow them this time.

Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand, then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional bloggers, in support and encouragement for their efforts. In passing on the Emblem, each recipient must provide the name of blog, or blog author with a link for others to visit. Each recipient must show the Emblem, and put the name and link to the blog that has given it to her or him. Link the Emblem to this post: Helping Hand: Much Obliged and Paying it Forward so that others will know it origin and impetus.

If you have not already done so, show your recipients some love by adding them to your blog roll, Technorati Favorite list, or in any other way to further let them know that their blog voice is important to you and being heard.

Add your name to The Helping Hand meme at my new blog entitled
The Emblem of the Helping Hand and don't forget to leave a comment as a permanent record of all Helping Hand recipients.

Here are my picks in no particular order:
These ladies are all wonderful blessings in my life and have been a true inspiration to me. They are all such beautiful women of strong faith in God, and are so wise, teaching me more each day as I read their blogs.
I only know of 2 up and coming bloggers. I'm listing them here. (Yeah, so I don't exactly follow the rules, but you get the idea.)
1) Just "Czech'n" In (Melanie's sister and family who are heading to Prague soon as missionaries)
2) Molding a Lump of Clay... (Esthermay introduced us through WFW)

14 comments:

Denise said...

Once again, you have brought me to tears with your beautiful words of kindness. Thank you my dear friend, I love you.

LAURIE said...

Laurie Ann, thank you for the award. I am glad that we crossed paths this past year and look forward to our "in person" meet and greet. (Jenn and I have been discussing our roadtrip). -Blessings, Laurie

Tracy said...

laurie Ann,
Congratulations to you my friend. What a wonderful award. I'm so honored you would share that with me. You too inspire me regularly with your heart for the Lord and your sweet gifts of encouragement to others. Blessings to you. So glad we met!

Love,
Tracy

He & Me + 3 said...

congratulations my friend and thank you for passing it my way.
xo,
Mimi

Darlene said...

Congratulations!!!! An award well deserved!!!!
Have a SUPER Saturday!!!
Darlene

Mindy said...

Congrats on the well-deserved recognition! I have something at my blog for you. Come on over when you have the chance!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Congratulations to you my friend!


You inspire and encourage me as well! You are a loving, sweet mentor to so many of us.

What a wonderful award. I'm so honored you would share that with me. Blessings to you. I am honored to call you friend.

Michele Williams said...

congrats dear friend!

I have some awards for you...

Blessings...

Amydeanne said...

Congrat's!

Melanie said...

Thanks so much for this award, Laurie Ann! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you chose my blog to receive this.

Love you!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

This is such a great award. Thank you so much for always sharing with me.

Have a great week!

Cheryl

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Congrats to you and the beautiful women you passed it on to!

Happy Monday to you, my friend.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

You're gonna hate me- I gave you an award before reading this post because you are inspiring to me! Check out my blog when you feel like it!

Vikki Wright said...

Thanks so much for honoring me with this award...my first one! I'm still trying to figure out how to pay it forward, and hope to be a blessing like so many of you have been to me. Bless you so much!