Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Security

Lori, at Lori's Reflecions, is hosting Thankful Thursday again this week. The theme she chose is security.

Insecurities may plague many of us but we need not give into the fear of them. We can be confident women in a world that is ever changing and seems to grow more unstable with each passing day.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33 (NIV)


We are promised security in so many areas of our lives.


Security in the Word of God


Security in the steadfast love of the Lord


"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;" ~ Lamentations 3:22 (ESV)


Security in the protection of God


"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy,and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you." ~ Psalm 5:11 (ESV)


Security of eternal life with the Lord


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16 (ESV)


Security in assurance of eternal life with the Lord


"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand." ~ John 10:28-29 (ESV)

Security in the strength of the Lord

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)


Security in the Name of the Lord


"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe." ~ Proverbs 18:10 (ESV)

Security of safety in the Lord


"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." ~ Psalm 4:8 (ESV)

Security of the concern of the Lord


"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered." ~ Matthew 10:29-30 (ESV)

Security in the return of the Lord


"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." ~ John 14:1-3 (ESV)

Security of plans of the Lord


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13 (ESV)

I'm sure there's more I haven't listed. We have so much to be secure in with God. May His Name be praised forever. I am so thankful for these and all other securities! What are you thankful for this week?

To participate in Thankful Thursday, click on the button below. Be sure to drop Lori a line thanking her for hosting for Iris for the rest of January! What a sweetheart she is to do this.



Photobucket

26 comments:

Denise said...

Great post my friend.

LAURIE said...

Those were some great scriptures that you posted. Thank God for the security that we have in Him! -Happy TT! -Laurie

Marsha said...

Wonderful words of encouragement. Thank you,Laurie Ann.

Grammy said...

That was a very inspiring post. I am thankful to have been able to read it. Have a great week.

L2L said...

It was great to see you again, well your comment that is. I'm going to have to print this post off, what a great reminder. Definitely fridg worthy!!!!!

Tammy said...

Wonderful verses to hold onto and hide in your heart. God is faithful and trustworthy. Praise His name!

bp said...

Hi Laurie Ann, this is a great list of specific things we can be secure in our Lord. Thank you for sharing them.

Carla said...

What beautiful verses! thank you for your post today:)

Melanie said...

Thank you, thank you for listing out all of the types of security that can be found in the Lord. I know these, but it is such a great reminder to read thru each and every one of them!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

With the week I've had these are some of the securities of the Lord that I needed to press into! Thank you for being such a kind friend with such sweet comments and encouragement.

Love ya!

na said...

You brought some great scriptures up for us to dwell upon...great post!

Saleslady371 said...

Isn't God's Word the best place for a boost of security? Happy Thankful Thursday!

Mindy said...

Psalm 4:8 has found it's way to me numerous times recently and has really helped me to be more content in where we live and helped me to feel safe and protected by the Lord's hand. I'm glad you included it in this post because I think in this day and age, safety is a real fear for many folks. I hope you'll have a chance to stop by my blog and read about the amazing provisions the Lord has given us this week!

He & Me + 3 said...

Waiting for that return...Oh what a day that will be. So excited!

Unknown said...

WOW! Great job Laurie Ann!

I loved this post!

Thanks for taking the time to bless us all!

Love in Him!
Jill

LAURIE said...

Laurie Ann,
Thank you for your comment on my post today. I have the link to teens for jeans at the end of the post but here it is :

http://www.teensforjeans.com/

blessings, Laurie

Shannon said...

Your posts are so wonderful and eloquent! I love, love, love the images you have with scripture on them!!! You are truly a gift from God.

Shannon

More Than Words said...

Those are some awesome verses!! Thank you for sharing them!!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great post. It is so great to be reminded of all the securities we have in our Lord.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

Sweet Blessings said...

Thank you for your comment today. I've gotta tell you, I just love your blog title. Something just resignates something beautiful whenever i read that line. Thank you for your encouragement in the things we can be secure in! Blessings:) Amanda

Anonymous said...

great verses. thanks for dropping by my TT!

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate you taking the time to list specific things in which we can find security. Thanks for reminding me of the many 'safe' promises in God's Word.

LauraLee Shaw said...

I am so thankful for the security I have in Him. Thank you for these promises, Laurie Ann.

debi9kids said...

So many of these verses came today when i needed to see them most.
My friend's baby is dying from cancer and i have felt so lost and needed to feel secure in the Lord.
Thank you!

Peggy said...

YES Laurie Ann...Our Security is in the WORD of God which stands forever! Beautiful & excellent, full of OUR SECURITY in CHRIST!

I am so thankful that when I don't feel secure, I can go to the Rock, my Firm Foundation, His steadfast Love that never fails me, His protection, my eternal life with Him & the assurance I have in my Lord, His Name, His strength, my Safety...my salvation! Thank You for all the scriptures I need to be SECURE!

Don't need my "blanket" no more, He COVERS ME! Love you & your teaching
of HIS GREAT PROMISES of SECURITY!

Thanks with a big (((hug)))

Tricia said...

Amen! How I praise God for the security we have in Him!! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Blessings!