Friday, January 09, 2009


Growing Old

An elderly gent was invited to an old friends' home for dinner one evening. He was impressed by the way his buddy preceded every request to his wife with endearing termssuch as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.
While the wife was in the kitchen, the man leaned over and said to his host, 'I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your wife those loving pet names.'
The old man hung his head...
'I have to tell you the truth,' he said, 'Her name slipped my mind about 10 years ago and I'm scared to death to ask her what it is!
Thanks to my almost-sister Harriett for that laugh earlier in the week!

Oh, don't go away! I have one more.

My friend Lynda from Austin, TX emailed me earlier in the week, too. She wrote, "Check what I got for Christmas." Click here: My New clock I was surprised, needless to say, then laughed about 3 lbs. off. The tears were rolling!

Friday Funnies is a meme born out of the humor-filled heart of our dear friend Kim at Homesteaders Heart. She is so gracious to host this each week! I encourage you to visit her for even more laughs today and link up and post some of your own.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine..." ~ Proverbs 17:22 (NIV)


18 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH you always have a good one or two lol. I love them both!!!!
Blessings and hugs to you my friend.
Happy Friday!
Kim

LAURIE said...

Good job today Laurie Ann. Hope you have a fun-filled friday! -love, Laurie

Aisling said...

LOVE IT!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann...

I don't know about you but today's Friday's Funnies have just left me tears they have been so funny! These just cracked me up! I've gotta show these to my hubby too...I can already hear him lovin that clock one!

Happy Friday, my sweet sis!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my, that will so be me in a few years. I already forget everyones name I meet. Never forget a face, but you can bet anything i will forget your name. LOL
Thanks for the laugh!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

LOL! Those are great!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie Ann I loved both of them but I must admit...I really like the clock :)

bp said...

Laurie Ann, You made me laugh this morning! How funny!

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Great ones! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa said...

That joke was hilarious but I HAVE TO HAVE one of those clocks....lol

Joyfull said...

Oh, how cute! Thanks for the smile!

More Than Words said...

Hahahaha!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Loved your list about what you've never done ... no gum in church? Ever. Oh my. I'd be lost without it because I'm afraid I'll have bad church breath, and mints just go away too fast!

Leaon Mary said...

I was JUST thinking of you!
Now, I've read your post and am giggling hysterically from Arkansas. OhhhhhMyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I love your posts, and fridays are always a SURE pickmeup!
Love ya girl,
HOLYKISSES!

Susan said...

Oh Laurie, these were so funny!!

I especially liked the old man one. I know I'm losing it, and I've got a way to go.

Thanks sweetie, have a blessed weekend♥

SophieMae said...

LOL! I love those! I think I'm starting to relate to the poor old man, lol! DH is going to love that clock, as well.

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

Those were great. The second one took me a minute. I kept thinking something happened. Little slow today.

Love ya,

Oh, Love your new style also.

Cheryl

Denise said...

Funny, lol