Monday, November 24, 2008

Awards Day

My friend, Kim, from Homesteaders Heart, has passed along the Bookworm Award to me. How sweet! I am a total bookworm! Thanks, Kim! Ya'll have got to head to her site to see what she was reading. It was so funny.


Photobucket

The rules of this award are simple.

This award has a fun twist ... find the book closest to you, turn to page 56, and type in the fifth sentence plus a couple more after that.

"Ephraem's fascinating teaching on the Rapture was never published before in English until I quoted it in my book Final Warning. This important manuscript reveals that he taught a literal principle of biblical interpretation and he believed in the Pre-Millennial return of Christ. However, Ephraem's most important statement clearly describes the Pre-Tribulation return of Christ to take His Elect saints to Heaven to escape the coming tribulation. In addition, Ephraem describes a Jewish Antichrist who will rule a revived Roman Empire and a literal great tribulation of 1,260 days with a rebuilt Temple and the Two Witnesses. Ephraem's text was called on the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World." ~ (from Grant R. Jeffrey - Heaven)
This is an awesome read, I might add!
Now...passing on the award. I'm passing it on to people who I know love to read...
If you're a bookworm and I didn't put your name on the list, consider yourself a recipient of this award as well. Just leave me a comment so I can read what you're reading!


11 comments:

Amydeanne said...

lol
pg 56 5th sentence
The dainty ladies and the dapper gentlemen of Catherine's court were shocked by her riding habits. Catherine often rode astride a horse instead of using the conventional sidesaddle. There must have been much whispering behind her back.

from "The Raucous Royals - test your royal wits:" by Carlyn Beccia

it's quite a funny book!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Ok, this looks like a funny tag...however, I'm so far behind.

Hope you had a great Monday!

((hugs)) to you!

He & Me + 3 said...

That was a cute award.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I really need to keep a more profound book near the computer just in case something like this happens again. But I couldn't lie lol. If I were at my desk that would be a totally different story. I'd have to get the tape measure out to see which one of many would actually be the closest lol. But alas the phone book was the winner at this time. What do you do?
Hugs my friend.

Peggy said...

"Defending your rights and opinions is a foundational part of your nature and make up. It's detrimental though inside a marriage relationship and it always steals away time & productivity. It can also cause great frustration for both of you!

Granted being stubborn is not always bad!"

hhhmmmmmmmmm...so what book do you think this is?

Congratulations Book Worm!!! Really
classic award! I just had to try it!

Blessings Laurie Ann...Thanks for your visit to Mission4Monday! It was a great encouragement that I really needed!You'll never know!

Btw..."The Love Dare" from Fireproof is an excellent marriage or relationship manual by the Kendricks

Peggy said...

me again...forgot to tell you...the closest books to my computer are:

The Love Dare
The Shack
NIV BIBLE in Spanish
Spanish/English Dictionary
Intercession:Thrilling & Fulfilling
Prayers that Prevail
Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Not bad for being in Mexico surrounded by Spanish!!! These are all on my Computer table...plus CD rack!!! I just reach below & grabbed the first book...which usually would have been my Bible & you would have had this...

13 Al dia siguiente volvio a salir y, al ver que dos hebreos peleaban entre si, le pregunto al culpable
(guilty): ?Porque que golpeas a tu companero? (Why do you hit your companion?)14 ? Y quien te nombro
a ti gobernante y juez sobre nosotros? respondio aquel ? Acaso
piensas matarme(kill me)como mataste el egipcio? (like you killed the Egyptian)

But what good would that have done...I had to leave out accents
& upside down punctuation marks!

Can you tell I loved this? What FUN!

Denise said...

Congrats sweetie.

Darlene said...

This sounds like a neat tag! Congrats!!!

Thanks for checking on me and encouragement!!!
Keep Praying for us!
Darlene

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

I am not a bookworm by no means but I try to find the time to read. Currently, I'm reading

I'm Not Wonder Woman But God Made Me Wonderful by Sheila Walsh.

Pg. 56
For years, I had found my identity in trying to be the perfect Christian woman. I worked hard, I tried to help as many people as I could, I was never late for anything, and nothing was too much trouble. I even had help with my mask. Every morning, I would sit down in the makeup room and Debbie would do her best to disguise the dark shadows under my eyes. When she finished with my makeup, she fixed my hair.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a neat award! I love books. They are scattered all over my house!

I hope you have a great week, my friend!

Amico Dio said...

Oh yeah... this is one award that I definitely deserve! :) My husband would agree too!

I actually took the last week or so off and have been able to read so many good books. I loved it!

You are awesome, my friend. Thank you!