Friday, November 07, 2008

Be a Blessing to Someone Today
* Give a word of encouragement - "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. " ~ Proverbs 25:11 (NIV)
* Lend a helping hand - "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" ~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
* Listen to others with your heart rather than distracted interest - "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." ~ Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
* Show genuine caring - "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." ~ Galatians 6:2 (NIV)
* Share God's love with someone today - "Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 2 Corinthians 9:13 (NIV)
* Do your very best in all that you are given to do - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." ~ Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)

10 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Listen without being distracted- boy, that convicts me today. Thank you!

Peggy said...

Blessings Laurie Ann...YOU are definitely that to me! You are & have been a blessing to me! These are wonderful scriptures that you have compiled to give us a brief but very insightful teaching on how we can be JESUS & truly be in relationship with one another(even via internet)...we can give a word of encouragement TO BLESS SOMEONE!
We can lend a "helping hand" or "voice" in prayer or through action of giving or offering even through a keyboard...in other words, each one of these are from your heart, words to help us BLESS others & have J.O.Y. Jesus, Others, You!
You bless me each visit & thank you for continuing to visit in my inconsistent time of break & readjusting my virtual & real time!
Enjoy a wonderful weekend! Thank you for a FRIDAY of FILLING me with
GOD'S WORD!!! Great job as always!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am with Melissa, I will listen better today. Love the last one too, I am constantly telling my kids that! Great post...Again:)

Melanie said...

Yep.. I'm with everyone else. The "Listen to others with your heart rather than with distracted interest" really spoke to me, too.

Love how you backed everything up with a specific scripture!

Have a blessed weekend!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Yeah, put action to our thinking. And let's make a difference. Today!

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment.

LauraLee Shaw said...

What a blessing YOU are, Laurie Ann. I love this admonishment before the busy weekend sets in. Thank YOU! Doing my best in ALL I'm given to do is the difficult one for me.

Amydeanne said...

great verses today!

Jennifer said...

Laurie Ann...you have been such a blessing to me in the short time that I have been following you. Thank you!

Ouch...listen rather than distracted interest...I need to work on that one. I need to slow down enough to really listen.

Thanks again!

Denise said...

Amen, great suggestions.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Laurie Ann,

Now I got to think of things I'm not afraid to admit! Ah. Let's see what I can come up with.

Thanks for always thinking of me!!

Love ya,

Cheryl