Monday, November 03, 2008

Jennifer, at through the storms of life, has tagged me! Let's have some fun!
These are the rules for tagging…
1) Link back to the person who tagged you and share the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself
3) Tag seven people and list their links in your post
4) Tell those 7 people by commenting on their blog!
Seven Facts About Me:
(1) I am an avid reader. I read at least 2, sometimes 3, books a week. I usually have 3 or 4 books going at once. Right now I am reading Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury, Heaven by Grant Jeffrey, Big Girls Don't Whine by Jan Silvious, and The Shack by William P. Young. I'm also reading the Bible. And....I love to re-read books I have read before.
(2) I think my husband is Prince Charming. After 17 years of marriage, we are happier than we've ever been in our lives.
(3) My dream is to write devotions or articles that are published regarding the Christian walk and how it relates to the world we live intoday.
(4) I work outside the home for a large state agency. I love it. Most days. Today was not one of those days.
(5) When God handed out the spontaneous gene, I must have been off somewhere chasing butterflies. I am *not* spontaneous. Prince Charming doesn't mind (now). He gets me.
(6) I am in the process of learning to talk less and listen more.
(7) I have 3 chronic illnesses. I suffer from IBS, fibromyalgia, and depression. I have prayed that God would lift the depression since I was diagnosed at the age of 9. He has given me a firm, "No." I will be on medication the rest of my life for it. It's pretty much under control. I have accepted it and understand that His grace will see me through. Thankfully, it is under control with medication. The IBS and fibromyalgia flare up occasionally, IBS more so than the fibro. While I am still praying to be healed from those, I haven't gotten anything but, "I'm with you." yet. And that's fine with me. It's tough, but it's okay. With God in my life, I know He will see me through these illnesses. I also have Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is odd because I love winter. I prefer the cooler temps to the hot and humid days of summer, spring and fall. Because of SAD, this time of the year is very hard for me, but I am learning that Christ is my light in this dark world and the last 2 years haven't been as bad as they have in the past. That means I'm growing in Christ.
I'm breaking the rules of tagging. The first 7 people who leave me a comment - you're tagged!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I like reading too. And I also like to reread some of the books. I thought it was just me...so glad I am not the only one. LOL
I enjoyed learning more about you. I will play along...will try to post this soon.
Thanks for playing...and sharing...I think it is great to get to know our blog friends!
Darlene

Denise said...

You are always in my prayers sweetie, love you.