Thursday, November 06, 2008



This week I'm thankful for being able to serve God with a whole heart and live my faith out loud.

Paul, in his desire to visit the Romans, penned these words...

“First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.” Romans 1:8-10 (NIV - Emphasis, mine)

What does serving God with a whole heart, living our faith out loud, involve? Dying to self daily, and making our faith walk and talk.....

Please visit Laced With Grace to finish reading this devotion.

This is my first time to ever be asked to be a guest anywhere other than my own blog! I'm so very thankful for this opportunity, too.


Head on over to Iris' blog, the host of Thankful Thursday, to participate!

22 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Yeah, congrats my friend. What an honor. Your posts are always very heartfelt.
I'm going to go finish reading now.
Hugs.

Denise said...

Congrats sweetie, your devotion was awesome. I love you.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow! That is awesome! We all love reading your posts, so that does not surprise me one bit. off to read the rest!

LAURIE said...

Congrats! I will be guest in two weeks, so that makes us both "first timers"! lol. I have read the devotion in entirety and came back here to tell you what a blessing you are! -Laurie

Susan said...

Heading over to finish your article. Happy TT to you Laurie Ann♥

bp said...

Congrats to you! I look forward to reading the rest of the article.

Have a wonderful day!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It is well deserved as you are an inspirational, spirit-filled writer, who blesses those who read your blog.

Happy TT!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Beautiful post! And it is so well deserved. You bless our socks off all the time!

Happy Thursday to you, my friend!
& congrats congrats congrats

Debbie Petras said...

Congratulations on the guest post and good job. I linked to your post there and finished reading it. It was well done and very timely for me. I want to follow God with all my heart too.

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE it! You said it JUST PERFECTLY!

I have chosen to live my faith OUTLOUD! WOOHOOOO!

4 Lettre Words said...

Beautiful devotion! Congratulations on the guest post!

Happy TT!!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

That is a great Thank you!

HEATHER said...

Great devotion!! Congratulations on the guest post, and what an eye opening question to ponder on...
Have a Great weekend.
Heather

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful my friend. You have a wonderful gift. Thank you for touching my heart.

Unknown said...

That was powerful and beautifully written! Great job Laurie Ann!

Amen to all that you shared - dying to self daily!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Nancie said...

Thank you for sharing this encouraging thoughts with us, Laurie Ann. Thank God for enabling you to serve Him with a whole heart. May He continue to guide and bless you abundantly. Happy Thankful Thursday!

God's Girl said...

Awe... that is my prayer indeed. ...to serve my Jesus with a whole heart!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Just stopping by to say hello!


All for Jesus,
Julie

God Chaser said...

Living my faith out lous what a great challenge. Thanks for this post. Be Blessed

Tammy said...

Congratulations Laurie Ann! Your posts are always so encouraging.

Blessings,
Tammy @ http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/mominmi

i said...

Congrats! Your posts are always so encouraging and inspiring! God bless!

Anonymous said...

serving God involves dying to self indeed. hard to do but very rewarding. God bless you, laurie ann. ♥

Speaking from the Heart said...

Amen to living our faith out loud. Thank you for a constant reminder of how great GOD is.