Deanna, from The Lord, His Truth, and His Love, has tagged me. I love Friday's, don't you? It's kind of a laid back day just to play on our blogs sometimes.
15 Things I'm Not Afraid to Admit
1. I have 3 chronic illness - depression, fibromyalgia, and IBS.
2. When God handed out the "spontaneous" gene, I must have been chasing butterflies. I just don't have it.
3. I grew up in the home of an alcoholic father and was emotionally and verbally abused on a regular basis. Still am, sometimes, even though I'm married. He is one person I can procrastinate with but ultimately never say no to. (But I love my Daddy!)
4. I could read for hours and hours at a time.
5. My strength comes from God, although sometimes I seem to resist what He so desperately wants to give me. I think this comes from low self-esteem, but I'm working on it!
6. Blogging has helped me grow spiritually.
7. God saying no to my request to have children is something I'm totally okay with. Not that I don't like children. In fact, I love them! I was never bitter with it and He has rewarded me not only with a bonus daughter, but a son-in-law and 2 precious grandbabies that I love dearly, as well as a host of nieces and nephews and cousins. I'm surrounded by children!
8. I believe our generation will be the one that sees Christ return to rapture His church.
9. I will never be everything to everyone and although I have leftovers of approval addiction, I'm finding it easier to say, "No" more often.
10. I am a big girl, but I am comfortable in my own skin. God has given me this body for a reason and while the medications I have taken through the years and some I continue to take have contributed to the weight gain, I have a healthy "size-esteem."
11. I had pop-tarts for lunch today because nothing good was served in the cafeteria and I didn't want to go out for lunch.
12. Elephants scare me more than Satan himself.
13. I believe in punctuality, which is a blessing and a curse. I tend to get peeved when people are late for something.
14. I long to grow more like Christ each day. My heart beats for Him.
15. If I were head of the "food people", I would declare chocolate a food group.
In return I am tagging: