Friday, November 07, 2008

Deanna, from The Lord, His Truth, and His Love, has tagged me. I love Friday's, don't you? It's kind of a laid back day just to play on our blogs sometimes.

Deanna graphic

15 Things I'm Not Afraid to Admit

1. I have 3 chronic illness - depression, fibromyalgia, and IBS.
2. When God handed out the "spontaneous" gene, I must have been chasing butterflies. I just don't have it.
3. I grew up in the home of an alcoholic father and was emotionally and verbally abused on a regular basis. Still am, sometimes, even though I'm married. He is one person I can procrastinate with but ultimately never say no to. (But I love my Daddy!)
4. I could read for hours and hours at a time.
5. My strength comes from God, although sometimes I seem to resist what He so desperately wants to give me. I think this comes from low self-esteem, but I'm working on it!
6. Blogging has helped me grow spiritually.
7. God saying no to my request to have children is something I'm totally okay with. Not that I don't like children. In fact, I love them! I was never bitter with it and He has rewarded me not only with a bonus daughter, but a son-in-law and 2 precious grandbabies that I love dearly, as well as a host of nieces and nephews and cousins. I'm surrounded by children!
8. I believe our generation will be the one that sees Christ return to rapture His church.
9. I will never be everything to everyone and although I have leftovers of approval addiction, I'm finding it easier to say, "No" more often.
10. I am a big girl, but I am comfortable in my own skin. God has given me this body for a reason and while the medications I have taken through the years and some I continue to take have contributed to the weight gain, I have a healthy "size-esteem."
11. I had pop-tarts for lunch today because nothing good was served in the cafeteria and I didn't want to go out for lunch.
12. Elephants scare me more than Satan himself.
13. I believe in punctuality, which is a blessing and a curse. I tend to get peeved when people are late for something.
14. I long to grow more like Christ each day. My heart beats for Him.
15. If I were head of the "food people", I would declare chocolate a food group.
In return I am tagging:
Ya'll, let's play! Let's get to know each other in a real way!


19 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love getting to know my bloggy friends better with each post and reading personal details about them. It makes me love and appreciate each one more. Thank you for your honesty and if I'm ever tagged with this...you will see...we have some things in common.

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!!!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Okay I'm going to play along lol. I'll post mine tomorrow. Though I don't think I'm near as interesting as you lol.
Hugs my friend.

Unknown said...

How great it is to get to know you better. We do have more in common than I knew. I too have dealt with emotional and verbal abuse and struggle with self-esteem issues. I'm not spontaneous, I need a regular schedule with no change. Another thing if you have never checked it out, you should check out Frugalreader.com. It is a great site for getting rid of used books and switching them out for others that you might want, and it's cheaper than buying them new.

Deanna

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a wonderful list of truths about you! I saw myself in a few too!

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Just when I think I couldn't love you anymore, you always prove me wrong. We definitely have some things in common, my sweet sis!

Ok, I'll play along but that self esteem thing will kill me! I'll post tomorrow too!

Love ya,
Debra Kaye

Melanie said...

I love these memes where we can get to know each other more. I've got mine ready and scheduled to post tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Mozi Esme said...

I'm with you on the chocolate thing! And more importantly on the longing to grow more like Christ...

Tracy said...

Good stuff, girlie. Thanks for being real. I related with you about a couple of those...

Blessings,
Tracy

Mindy said...

Your blog has helped me grow spiritually too, and I thank you for the time and heart that you put into it. The Lord has blessed you with insight and the talent to expressit eloquently.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun tag! I would make chocolate a food group too!

Denise said...

I love getting to know you better sweetie. Thanks for tagging me, will post in a little bit. I love you.

Denise said...

My post is up sweetie.

Kathie said...

Love your post. Thanks for sharing. Blessings from Costa Rica

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Ok, can we just declare chocolate a food group? Because I think it is!

I love these posts. It is so interesting to learn the little things about other people. I love people! They are so interesting!

Debra Kaye said...

Ok, Laurie Ann, my post is up!

Love ya,
Deb

Sunny Shell said...

Sister Laurie Ann,

Are you sure we're not twins separated at birth and by a couple of years (since I'm a twinge older than you :-)).

Sooooo, was that YOU I was catching butterflies with? I missed that day too! HA!

Love you sweet sister...and even more since I know you more!

With great love in our Savior,
Sunny

Tereasa said...

Your blog is beautiful. This post was especially fun to read!

Patti said...

You'll be setting chocolate up as a food group, and I'll be setting potato chips up as one!! Unlike most women, I can live without chocolate. but life without potato chips is hard for me to imagine!!

These were fun to read.

Blessings,
Patti

Lori said...

I enjoyed reading this. Oh I hope we see Jesus come, what an honor. Thank you for sharing your heart and struggles. I may have to do this one I have seen it around.