I am the recipient of 2 new awards. I am completely humbled. I feel the love!
Do I deserve it? I try to give trust, kindness, honesty and caring deeply to my friends. I feel like I fall short, but I'm going to say, "Thank you," graciously and feel the love. It's precious to me, Denise. Thank you.
Now this award isn't just any award, it comes with a questionnaire.
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? No, I don't. I have lost touch with them. We moved and I lived in such an unstable enviornment growing up that I guess I didn't make lasting friendships. I would love to reconnect with one of my friends that I had in junior high. Her name was Deanna D. She was awesome to me and her love for her Savior gave me much to think about after visits to her house. I tried to reconnect with a friend who I knew from about age 8 - 14. When I did, I found out she was a stripper. We just didn't have that much in common. The conversation was awkward and I never got around to calling her back.
2. What do you value most about your friends? The qualities mentioned in this award, trust, kindness, honesty and caring. And above all, love. Respect is another value I have, as well as our common love for God.
3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Not so much. I use God and my husband for that, although I do have a sister in Christ that knows me pretty well, as I know her. Sometimes we just have to have a good vent and trust that it's not going to go beyond our space. And we always pray about the things we discuss. That's key if you use a friend for a sounding board.
4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? Lots of laughter, prayer requests, sharing about our families and the matters on our hearts.
Now to pass this on to five friends.........
1. Melanie - The Fruits of the Spirit
Those who teach me something all the time....
1. Amy Bayliss - In Pursuit of Proverbs 31
2. Laurie - Women Taking a Stand
4. Laura Lee - Laura Lee's Lifesong
5. Tracy Berta - Thirsty for Him
Because I hate to leave anyone out, and consider all of you who read my blog friends and know that you always teach me something, please snag these awards and share the love across blogland.
I rejoice at the sisterhood of faith I have found here, and want to share the love.