Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Awards Day

I am the recipient of 2 new awards. I am completely humbled. I feel the love!

First, Denise, of Shortybear's Place, has blessed my heart with the "A Perfect Blend of Friendship" award.

From Denise

Do I deserve it? I try to give trust, kindness, honesty and caring deeply to my friends. I feel like I fall short, but I'm going to say, "Thank you," graciously and feel the love. It's precious to me, Denise. Thank you.

Now this award isn't just any award, it comes with a questionnaire.

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? No, I don't. I have lost touch with them. We moved and I lived in such an unstable enviornment growing up that I guess I didn't make lasting friendships. I would love to reconnect with one of my friends that I had in junior high. Her name was Deanna D. She was awesome to me and her love for her Savior gave me much to think about after visits to her house. I tried to reconnect with a friend who I knew from about age 8 - 14. When I did, I found out she was a stripper. We just didn't have that much in common. The conversation was awkward and I never got around to calling her back.

2. What do you value most about your friends? The qualities mentioned in this award, trust, kindness, honesty and caring. And above all, love. Respect is another value I have, as well as our common love for God.

3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Not so much. I use God and my husband for that, although I do have a sister in Christ that knows me pretty well, as I know her. Sometimes we just have to have a good vent and trust that it's not going to go beyond our space. And we always pray about the things we discuss. That's key if you use a friend for a sounding board.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? Lots of laughter, prayer requests, sharing about our families and the matters on our hearts.

Now to pass this on to five friends.........

1.
Melanie - The Fruits of the Spirit
Also, Twinkle Mom, of Sunflower Faith, has gifted me with the following award.

From Twinkle Mom
Sunflower Faith's blog is full of great teaching, and I am humbled that she thinks mine is, also! How sweet is that?

Those who teach me something all the time....

1. Amy Bayliss - In Pursuit of Proverbs 31

2. Laurie - Women Taking a Stand

3. Lori - I Will Take It Lord...All You Have to Give

4. Laura Lee - Laura Lee's Lifesong

5. Tracy Berta - Thirsty for Him

Because I hate to leave anyone out, and consider all of you who read my blog friends and know that you always teach me something, please snag these awards and share the love across blogland.

I rejoice at the sisterhood of faith I have found here, and want to share the love.




9 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on your awards, Laurie Ann.. you certainly deserve each one!

Thanks for sharing with me. It is so special that you have shared this particular award with me as I consider you a special friend, as well.

THanks so much!

Tracy said...

Congrats on well-deserved awards, Laurie Ann! You've definitely found a niche here in blogland for encouraging others and sharing relevant insights. Yours is a place I love to visit.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I feel honored and blessed. = ) So glad God has crossed our path here in blogland!

Blessings,
Tracy

Denise said...

I love you.

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Laurie Ann,
Congrats on your special awards; you truly deserve them!
You are a wonderful, WONDERFUL, writer, and I ALWAYS learn something when I visit A Magnolia's Heart Beats!
Love n blessings,
Lea
<*)))><

LAURIE said...

Congrats on your awards. You definetly deserve them! and I am soooo honored to receive one from you. You are a blessing to me, and I am honored that you visit my blog on a regular basis. -Blessings, Laurie

Debra Kaye said...

Laurie Ann,

Congrats sweet sister! What a blessing you are!! ((hugs)) & blessings to you!

Susan said...

Congratulations Laurie Ann!

You sure are deserving of this special awards, and I'm just so HONORED you have passed one on to me. WOW!!

Blessing to you my sweet, sweet friend♥

Addicted to Beadz said...

Congratulations! So very well deserve!

Glad to hear yo are feeling better!!

Thanks so much for sharing with me..

You are so special to me.

Love,
Cheryl

BTW~ What is moya moya?

LauraLee Shaw said...

Wow, Laurie Ann, thank you for that special award. Your blog has ministered to me and so many, and I'm glad mine does the same for you!